1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Youtuber taking others puppet work and claiming as own

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Frogpuppeteer, Oct 17, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Nyah! Deviant for one week, lol.

This guy's like a pesky tenant: just when you think you've gotten rid of him, he returns. :p

I am SO glad this guy hasn't paid any attention to me yet, course I'm not as well-known as other puppeteers out there, so that may be a blessing in disguise... even though I was contact on YouTube once if I built puppets for sale, not sure if it was the same guy or not, but I told him all puppets are built for productions, not for sale.

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Why'd he glom onto me, then? I'm not exactly a famous puppeteer myself. I've just built some Fraggles.

On Facebook he suggested I like "The Moppetz Show." Its description: "It is a vairty show with speical guest stars and parodys from tv shows and movies and songs" Uh...yeah.

3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

might have been him, he always starts asking by if they are for sale then asks if you do them for free

i am talking to Terry Angus now i guess he contacted him

4. D'Snowth

I'll agree with the sentiments that this guys is, indeed, a con man, who is a dreamer who wants other people to make his "dreams" come true, and for nothing whatsoever.

I mean heck, I'm a dreamer too, but even I am smart enough to know that this stuff actually costs money, and LOTS of money at that... I even once asked Jarrod to give me an idea of how much stuff like this can cost, and he told me that he usually charges $1,000 per puppet for a production.

It WOULD be nice if stuff like this required no money, but that would only exist in a fantasy world.

5. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

This guy just contacted me. He is now going by the name Craig Yopp. I think he may have developmental disabilities. His email is yopp.craig@yahoo.com. The Puppeterz name is now "The Moppetez." How original! hahahahahaha

6. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

poor James haha!

7. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Haha.. I to have had 2 emails from him-(cut and pasted as follows...)

hi is it possible if u could help me make some characters for my films i am trying to do a kickstarter i need my stars for the film so i can raise money to pay you for doing this it my dream to be a puppeteer i really wanna do this please let me know thanks

hi can you build us some character for our film The Mooptez it will mean the world to us you will get full copyrights of the film and the characters merchandise when the film come out and we planing to do a soundtrack also with them we will sell it on itunes that will also make money too and make posters for the film please will u help us build them ?

8. D'Snowth

Wow, this guy has come back with avengence this time, hasn't he?

But Ryan, you do have a point, I believe other people have suggested that he may have some "issues", which if he really does, that MAY make sense regarding his behavior.

Rymoore21 likes this.
  9. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

for those that remember when this first started almost 2 years ago now, i did at one point end up talking to his family and they said he does have some sort of developmental problems...however there is a point which i have to call "cow ploppies" and wonder...this kid has been doing this for a while, under different names using different pictures yet always the same idea

he knows what he is doing and sadly sometimes people fall for it...i dont know of anyone who officially built him puppets or costumes or iron man suits yet, but i know of a few who did logos, puppet sketches and skits

i could be wrong and i hope i am, but even still developmental problems are no excuse and his family is aware of what he is doing as they confirmed to me he tells them

Rymoore21 likes this.
  10. D'Snowth

Ah yes, I remember that now that you brought it up, thanks for reminding us, Julio.

Yes, somebody needs to be the adult in this situation and step in to tell him that what he's doing isn't right, and that he needs to cut it out. Yeah, his intentions may be "innocent", but they certainly don't come across so.

11. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

I run an agency that provides in home care for people with disabilities and in my professional opinion, I believe that what he is doing is an attention-seeking behavior. It is very common for people with developmental disabilities to obsess over something, create a behavior that "brings them close to the person, object, etc" and attention, then they crave some sort of "souveneir" to represent that obsession. To make this clear, I will use a person as the object of obsession. WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE: Say for instance someone with a disability has an obsession with one of their caregivers. They will start showing behaviors that will get attention from that caregiver, whether it is negative or positive attention. Next, they will try to confide in the caregiver and make the caregiver feel as if they are the only person that can calm the individual down. Finally, the individual will ask for a picture, hoodie, pencil, or whatever from the caregiver and they will treasure it, and in some cases, even masturbate with or onto the object. I know this sounds strange, but it is the reality of some disabilities, especially in those with dual-diagnoses (mental retardation and other mental illness.) Many behaviors are of a sexual nature, in my opinion and experience. The goal is to obtain something puppetry related from REAL puppeteers to fulfill their fantasy of wanting to be a puppeteer.

Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

Is this guy up to his old tricks again? All of the sudden, that thing I wrote about him three years ago is now the number one popular entry on Scarblog now.

13. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

OMG!!!!! that is hilarious!!!!!He's seriously trying to get that on TV????the fact that he actually expects this to get on ABC is ridiculous.

14. SkeetScootSquat

''Big Movie?"' more like big failure.

15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Just a heads up: this person is at it again. A new DeviantArt user called "thegluvetts" contacted me, wanting me to make puppets. The writing style was familiar, ao I googled "gluvetts" and came across a facebook page for "The Gluvetts Show." The page, about a supposed TV show, was created in December 2013. The banner reads "Joseph Sirrico and Craig Yopp presents The Gluvetts Show." Craig Yopp is the name he contacted me under last year. He also has a Youtube channel (just a collection of playlists) and Twitter and Google+ and so on.

So, yeah. Just so you know.

16. D'Snowth

Okay, this time we got him on a for real act of copyright infringement, as there's already a puppet troupe here known as The Gluvet(t)s: I believe Lab Rat is the one behind it.

And who are these 23 people who actually like his page? Does he alone really have that many aliases/accounts?

17. SkeetScootSquat

Heh.... If you look at his photos,all he has is the title.....

18. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Hmm...the Gluvets, the name seems oddly familiar...[​IMG]

crazy chris likes this.
  19. SkeetScootSquat

the monster on the middle far left row looks a little like a surprised Gorgon heap.

20. D'Snowth

That's... pretty much what I said a few posts ago.