Zap2it.com's report on the Muppet Mastercard Commercial

Foreignman

Reaction score
Here ya go guys, just found this at my favorite Television news site;

Muppets Are 'Priceless' This Holiday Season
Mon, Nov 4, 2002 12:23 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - It's not easy being green, but it sure is nice to roll in it.

The latest addition to MasterCard's "Priceless" advertising campaign features not only the Muppet's Frog Prince, Kermit, but such beloved characters as Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Animal and Fozzie Bear, among others, as well.

Together, the group takes Manhattan after Kermit wins a MasterCard Sweepstakes and invites his pals to come create "priceless" memories with him in the Big Apple. The new ads are designed to support the current MasterCard promotion where in everytime a U.S. cardholder uses their plastic domestically between Oct. 15 and Dec. 31 they are automatically entered to win one of more than 1,000 prizes.

"I'm glad MasterCard put a cap on Miss Piggy's spending allowance while we were filming the 'Priceless' commercials in New York," says Kermit. "There's nothing more dangerous than a pig in the city with plastic."

Needless to say, Miss Piggy has a different take on things.

"Moi knew it was only a matter of time before those lovely MasterCard executives would realize that I am indeed the epitome of 'Priceless.'"

Both the 15 and 30-second spots began airing on Friday, Nov. 1 and will continue throughout the holiday season.