Zoot Blues

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
:cool: :cool:

Well, I'm loving the whole Muppet Line. I haven't gone to the mall excitedly looking for something like a child in a very long time.

Anyhow, Zoot has always been one of my favorites - he's cool :cool: - I learned to play the sax largely because of him. So I'm ecstatic to have a Zoot figure to add to my band.

He's really awesome. The shirt is perfect, and the sandals are an excellent idea. He looks great standing next to Floyd.

Nevertheless, I'm kinda disappointed overall:

1. The paint on the Sax is sticky and comes off! My Zoot now has golden-flecked hands!

2. The neck of the sax is painted too, so it won't fit without jamming it in there. Don't know if it'll ever come out again.

3. He can't hold the sax properly and get it in his mouth! I've moved his right hand all the way up pass the thumb-rest to the little o-ring for the neck-strap, and it now touches his mouth at least...

4. The hat magnet is very weak. Maybe I'm spoiled since I can turn Fozzie upside-down and hit him on the feet, and it still stays on. I suppose this could be the effect of a heavier hat and the leverage from the brim...

5. The figure's not BLUE!!! The puppet always had just a lighter tone of the same blue as his hair - didn't he?

Really, Zoot is very cool. His glasses are WAY better than the prototype. I guess this is the very first time I've been even slightly disappointed in a Palisades figure, so it's a new experience for me... :big_grin:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I'll address one point, although I don' tknow much about the way a sax is supposed to be held and I too find the magnet weak, I will say that the puppet colour looks right to me, BUT there were at least 2 different skin-colours used on Zoot, and possibly 3. He's the muppet I most notice changes skin colours on the DVD's all the time. I like the colour they used on the varient, and have to assume it's the one Henson's decided to go with, although arguement could be made for various colours because of this ever changing puppet routine...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hat Sharpener
4. The hat magnet is very weak. Maybe I'm spoiled since I can turn Fozzie upside-down and hit him on the feet, and it still stays on. I suppose this could be the effect of a heavier hat and the leverage from the brim...
There must be variations on the magnet strength, due to whatever reasons (different batch of magnets, etc.). The one on mine is strong enough to stay on when I turn him upside-down.

Luke

Reaction score
I think sometimes with these figures it takes a while to loosen them, or break them in or something. The Zoot i saw at Toyfair UK was able to hold the sax, put it in his mouth etc etc. Also the magnets were very strong but maybe it's a factory problem.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Re: Re: Zoot Blues

Originally posted by Walker Boh
There must be variations on the magnet strength, due to whatever reasons (different batch of magnets, etc.). The one on mine is strong enough to stay on when I turn him upside-down.
Definitely a matter of chance as far as magnet strength. With my Fozzie, the hat falls off if you look at it funny. :embarrassed:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a sticky sax? My paint actually comes off if I rub it with Zoot's hands... so there are black spots on my sax and gold spots on my Zoot... :frown:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
no problems with paint applications on my figure...and as far as holding the sax goes, it's a little too loose....dunno why...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten any Series 3 yet...no time to go. I can't WAIT to get them, though.

FOZ