Zoot episode question.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Well, Zoot was a main character season one. Did they take a speaking part away from him after season one, or does anybody know the episodes after season one where he still had a speaking part.:cool:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dave Goelz didn't know how Zoot should have been portrayed and usually gave Zoots lines away to other characters whenever he could (He has mentioend in two different interviews that he always tried to give lines away to Floyd, but I think he probably gave some of Zoots lines to other characters).

Here are some specific post-season 1 epsiodes where he speaks:
Cleo Lane: he speaks when Cleo Lane introduces each member of the band.
Ann Murray; he has a conversation with the guest star in her dressing room.
Dizzy Gillipsie: He has quite a few lines in this episode. He speaks in all of the Musician Jokes skits, he talks in a backstage scene, and I think he spoke in the number with Dizzy, Floyd, and Zoot.

He also had lines in The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, and Muppet Treasure Island. I have also read that he sang a line in the closing number of the Food episode of The Jim Henson Hour, and I've read that he had a line in the infamous cut Snoop Dog scene from it's a Very merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

golden teeth

Reaction score
But, did he have lines after season 1 or 2?

He also had a line in Muppets Wizard of Oz, the DVD version.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Zoot had some lines in the Liza Minnelli episode. He tells Liza, "You're too beautiful to be a person. You oughta be a saxophone!"

LIZA: "Does that mean I'm your SAX symbol?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
But, did he have lines after season 1 or 2?
All of the episodes that I listed were from after the first season.

The cleo lane episode is from season 2, and the Dizzy Gillipsie and Ann Murray episodes are both from season 4. I can't remember if Zoot had any lines in the Boogie In The Barnyard song from the season 5 episode with Shirley bassey (I know Lips had a line).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are transcripts of all of the musician jokes sketches from the Dizzy Gillipsie episode. Zoot spoke in all of these.

musician joke skit #1:
(Floyd and Zoot are sitting on a bench, jamming, as Jerry, who is voiced by Jim Henson in this skit, walks by)
Jerry: Hey, can you tell me how to get to carnigie hall?
Floyd: Practice, man, practice!
(Floyd and Zoot laugh)
Zoot: The old ones are the best ones.

musician joke skit #2:
(floyd and zoot are jamming on the bench again, and animal is using trash cans next to the bench as a drum set, as an old lady sticks her head out the window)
lady: (angrily) hey! do you know theres a little old lady sleeping up here?
Zoot: No, but hum a few bars and we'll fake it.
(floyd and zoot laugh)
Animal: (shout-singing) Theres an old lady.... Sleeping up here!

musician joke skit #3:
(floyd and zoot are jaming again as an old man passes by)
old man: excuse me. cross town busses run all night?
Floyd and Zoot: Doo dah! Doo dah!

musician joke skit #4:
(Floyd is sleeping on the bench as Zoot watches an off-screen vehicle crash into something. Floyd wakes up)
Floyd: hey, man, what was that?
Zoot: B-flat! (blows saxaphone)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think he spoke in the Kenny Rogers episode. He didn't have a very big line. But somebody told him to do something and he said "okay" or something like that. I'm sure there were more eps in which he spoke. And he definately spoke in MTI when he wanted to get involved in "politics."

golden teeth

Reaction score
Its not that Zoot doesn't talk in some of the movies. He talks in the first three movies, in MTI he has that politics line that he shares with Floyd and Animal. In Muppets from Space, Dave Goelz briefly performed him. Hes waiting for the bathroom in it and he sighs (which Dave Goelz does the sigh). He then has a line or two in Wizard of Oz. He says, " I.." and then says, "Fine."

But does anyone know all the episodes whre he talks after season one.:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think he also spoke in the Zero Mostel episode. I haven't actually seen that episode, but the backstage plot is included in The Muppet Show Book. Some sceens in that book have differnces between the book versions and the show versions (for example, in The Muppet Show Book, the song I Feel Pretty ends with an appearance by Big Mama instead of Beautiful Day Monster, and in the backstage plot where Scooter got hired, he said that his uncles favorite act was Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths, instead of Danceros). Assuming that this wasn't a change, in the Zero Mostel episode, theres a scene where Kermit tries to get Miss Piggy to be a woman wrestler, and she gets so mad that she chases Kermit, and Floyd and Zoot observe this.

Floyd: What do you make of this?
Zoot: Three-to-one on the pig!

(note: the wording might be wrong)