Zoot Variant Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Starting at 50 is a bad idea. Way to take advantage of people dude.

Starting with a low number and having it built to over 100 is one thing, but starting it at 50 is just wrong. And you just started collecting to. You're in this for the money.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Wow...those are some pretty harsh words. I have 2. I bought each for $99 australian. Works out to about $80 u.s...each. The purpose? Sell one so it could off set the cost of the one I keep. There's a good chance I end up paying more then $99 just to keep one. So am I still in it for the money?

As far as setting the starting bid so high...it's pretty certain it's going to reach that anyhow. This in itself eliminates people that think they'll luck out in getting it for a buck. And like I said...I paid $80 us for each. Why in the world would I want to lose money on this?

I seen one auction for this exact Zoot go for $150 US. It's supply and demand. If someone was going to offer you that kind of money...would you honestly reject it? If you held an auction and started it at .99, it ended up going to that amount...would you honestly..."no, no, no...all I want is .99"???

WiGgY we've had some good interaction. Hopefully now that I have explained myself you won't think so low of me. I can email you my invoice from aussietoys.com if you'd like. I'm hardly in it for the money. I'm merely trying make collecting a high priced toy, more affordable.

Truth be told...I like the yellow shirt one better. If the opportunity presented itself to sell my second red shirt so that I could get the yellow instead...I'd do it. And technically...that's worth less.

PiggyPerson

Reaction score
oh well i supose its okay if thats the case
Zoot goes at a ridiculous price everywhere anyway

PiggyPerson

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
WiGgY we've had some good interaction. Hopefully now that I have explained myself you won't think so low of me.
Don't you care on how low I think of you, JUST JOKING!! :embarrassed:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Why would you buy 2 to save money thinking you could sell it later? That makes no real sense to me. Besides that means you ARE trying to make money back.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
PiggyPerson said:
Don't you care on how low I think of you, JUST JOKING!! :embarrassed:
I'm not overly concerned of the opinion of someone that willingly called themselves PiggyPerson. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
I'm hardly in it for the money. I'm merely trying make collecting a high priced toy, more affordable.
.... at the expense of other people, but whatever. Actually considering it isn't likely to end at .99 starting it at that would have cost much less.

I just can't wait for the day when all the people holding onto earlier Zoots for investment find out that Palisades are doing a re-release.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Why would you buy 2 to save money thinking you could sell it later? That makes no real sense to me. Besides that means you ARE trying to make money back.
Ok. let's say my total bill from aussietoys was $160 US. Assume that I get INCREDIBLY lucky to have mine sell for $150. That means that I was able to pick up a Zoot variant for $10. Wouldn't that be worth the risk? Honestly I think it's a gamble that likely won't pay off. But I'm hoping I'm wrong. Heck even if I get enough back that makes my second one's price only $60 not $80...I'm ahead of the game. And I'll be able to put that extra $20 towards other figures.

Now does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.