Sesame's 40th Anniversary DVD set coming November 10
Fans will enjoy Seasme's DVD Collection spanning 40 years with nearly six hours of new and classic segments, never-before-seen backstage footage, plus a limited edition hard cover commemorative book
Courtesy of Genius Products
September 9, 2009
30% off the regular price! Pre-order
Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days. By pre-ordering you're guaranteed the lowest possible price. If the cost is reduced before the release date, you'll get the additional savings automatically.
For 40 years, sunny days have swept the clouds away and inspired preschoolers to learn, grow and achieve their highest potential. Relive the best-of-the-best when SESAME STREET: 40 YEARS OF SUNNY DAYS debuts as a two-disc DVD set November 10 from Genius Products and Sesame Workshop, the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street.
Featuring nearly six hours of everyone's favorite Sesame Street stories, songs, Muppets™ and celebrity segments, the SESAME STREET: 40 YEARS OF SUNNY DAYS collectible set spans the renowned show's four decades, includes never-before-seen archival footage and a limited-edition hard covered commemorative book.
Premiering on November 10, 1969, Sesame Street is the longest running children's series and "arguably, the most important children's program in the history of television" (Newsweek.com). The show has won 122 Emmy's® as well as a recent Lifetime Achievement Emmy®, more than any other television show, and 10 Grammy awards.
The two-disc set, SESAME STREET: 40 YEARS OF SUNNY DAYS, features a wide selection of iconic segments of past and present from Ernie's bath-time song "Rubber Duckie" (Season One), which topped the Top-40 charts for seven weeks; to Kevin Clash's first episode as Elmo (Season 17); to Maria and Luis' wedding (Season 19); to Abby Cadabby's arrival on Sesame Street (Season 37), and much more. Fans can also watch some of their favorite celebrity segments including James Taylor, Pattie Labelle, Smokey Robinson and Feist!
Additionally, the set includes an array of bonus features including:
- An interview with Jon Stone, Emmy®-winning writer, director, and producer who was involved in the creation of Sesame Street, on research and curriculum, and the barriers the show broke
- An interview with legendary puppeteer Carroll Spinney on Oscar the Grouch
- Leslie Carrara-Rudolph and Jason Weber, from the Jim Henson Company, both talk about the creation of Abby Cadabby
- Behind-the-scenes rehearsal footage of several songs including "Guess The Seasons," "Hello, Hello," and "Friendship Song"
- Exclusive archival footage featuring incredible behind-the-scenes studio rehearsals with cast, puppeteers and crew including the making of the Muppet™, Nobel Price, green screen passes of Elmo and other characters and even a production meeting discussion
- An interview with Kevin Clash about the origin of Elmo
- An on-screen pop-up's feature with fun facts about Sesame Street
- A special peek into how everyone's favorite characters come to life
A limited edition, hard cover commemorative book compliments the set. An amazing anniversary celebration for fans young and old, the commemorative two-disc DVD set SESAME STREET: 40 YEARS OF SUNNY DAYS will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.93. Pre-order and save 30%!
Street Season 45 premieres Monday September 15
Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street
Clash takes leave from Sesame Street
Street to air hurricane special Friday November 9
Street Old School Volume 3 coming to DVD November 6
• Sesame Street Season 43 begins September 24 on PBS
support essential for production to begin on "I Am Big
Am Big Bird" Caroll Spinney documentary in development