Favorite Heavy and Light skits

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorite heavy and light skit was when Kermit and Grover were showing us the difference between heavy and light. Kermit got to bring in some light stuff like a feather and a ping pong ball, while poor Grover had to carry a heavy piano and boulder. Then Grover insisted that he get the next light thing and Kermit get the heavy thing. So Kermit agreed and he brought in a huge hero sandwich loaded with meat and cheese and all sorts of other food saying it's really heavy and he started enjoying it while Grover looked shocked. Then Grover saw all he had to do was get a light balloon and grabbed it. And he ended up floating away into the sky.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i rememeber that 1 and it was 1 of those skits not shown durring the 80s witch i wonder why since so many of them were.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sharla was once invited in to Bert and Ernie's apartment and they demonstrated heavy and light. She got to pick up a feather which landed on Ernie's nose, and a brick, which Ernie pretended landed on his hand, faking pain "OWWWW!!! OOOCH!!!" Later on he confessed he was pretending. Hee hee. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Splurge

Reaction score
Xerus said:
My favorite heavy and light skit was when Kermit and Grover were showing us the difference between heavy and light. Kermit got to bring in some light stuff like a feather and a ping pong ball, while poor Grover had to carry a heavy piano and boulder. Then Grover insisted that he get the next light thing and Kermit get the heavy thing. So Kermit agreed and he brought in a huge hero sandwich loaded with meat and cheese and all sorts of other food saying it's really heavy and he started enjoying it while Grover looked shocked. Then Grover saw all he had to do was get a light balloon and grabbed it. And he ended up floating away into the sky.
Ernie and Bert did a similar skit. (Was this among the last ones aired where Jim played Ernie?) Ernie carried the light things like a feather and cotton candy, and Bert got talked into carrying heavy things like a barbell, a rock and the piano. The last proved too heavy for Bert. *CRASH!* Ernie, very worried, approached the googly eyed Bert and asked....

"Is the piano alright?"

Censored

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
Sharla was once invited in to Bert and Ernie's apartment and they demonstrated heavy and light. She got to pick up a feather which landed on Ernie's nose, and a brick, which Ernie pretended landed on his hand, faking pain "OWWWW!!! OOOCH!!!" Later on he confessed he was pretending. Hee hee. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
The very end of that skit is sometimes edited (presumably for time reasons). In the unedited version, after Ernie says that he was only kidding, Sharla mimics the laughs of Ernie and Bert.

salemfan

Reaction score
One of my favorite heavy/light skits is when the two lamps are playing ball. First there's a beach ball(light), then there's a bowling ball(heavy).

Mokeystar

Reaction score
This isn't a heavy-light clip, just a heavy one. As Mel Mounds would say, "Heavy, Heavy, Heavy!" :smile:

There's an old animated clip about the letter H with a two guys in it. This is how I remember it: As one is nonchalantly discussing the letter H, the other guy named Harold picks up this heavy letter H and begins carrying it around. Throughout the clip, we see him painfully uttering 'H' words, like 'HUGE!', 'HEAVY!' and finally at the end, he exclaims "HORRIBLE" and falls over. After he falls over, dropping the H, we can weakly hear him exclaim, "HOORAY!"

When I was a kid, I used to imitate him when I'd pick up something heavy. It's "HEEEEEAAAAVVVY"!

Klonoa

Reaction score
I'm sure I have the monsters in this skit totally wrong, but wasn't there a heavy/light skit with Telly lugging around a pile of bricks while Elmo just had to hold a feather in his hand?

--Klonoa

Censored

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I'm sure I have the monsters in this skit totally wrong, but wasn't there a heavy/light skit with Telly lugging around a pile of bricks while Elmo just had to hold a feather in his hand?

--Klonoa

No, I think you have the monsters exactly right. They sang a song about heavy and light while they were carrying the objects.

There was also an older skit where Grover tries to demonstrate heavy and light by lifting a barbell and then lifting a feather. Unfortunately, the feather was heavy too because it was attached to Big Bird. This was one of the few times when Big Bird appeared on a "blank background" skit with a wall.

Xerus

Reaction score
Klonoa said:

--Klonoa
You had it right. :smile: Poor Telly was the one holding the bricks while lucky Elmo had the feather. And I liked the song they sang too.