One Way vs. Don't Walk

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So which song do you prefer - One Way or Don't Walk?

Both songs are sung by a one-time Anything Muppet voiced by Christopher Cerf, and both involve a sight word on a sign that restricts the singer from doing something. Both tunes also keep the singer apart from his girlfriend. However, in One Way, he does learn a solution around the One Way sign, while in Don't Walk, we never do see the light change to just Walk.

I like One Way better, but have been enjoying Don't Walk recently (okay, so I haven't been that familiar with the song until a few months ago).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I honestly like both songs personally, that said I do like “One Way” a bit more with that slow 70s rock melody and the backing vocals accompanying Cerf’s lead (I’d be curious to know who provided backing vocals because I don’t believe any info was found on that). And I do enjoy how the song ends on a good happy note as it fades out with Cerf’s “Ooooooooo-ooooooooone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!”

“Don’t Walk” was also good in a depressing way. I remember really disliking this song when I first saw it on YouTube as a teenager just feeling like it ended on such a sour note, but as I got older, I did learn not everyone gets their happy ending in the end. So I’ve come to appreciate it more with age. It has a nice beautiful 80s country pop ballad melody to it. The harmony backing vocals accompany Cerf’s lead vocals nicely.

I’d say if anything it has a bittersweet ending feeling like “Inside/Outside Story” does.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I thought "Don't Walk" was referring to the song performed by three female cast members (Olivia, Susan and Maria) in the 1980s?

salemfan

Reaction score
I could never get into One Way-the only of the two I ever got into was Don't Walk.
I think it's because there's a Don't Walk sign with a push button (updated to pictorial symbols) near what used to be the bakery where I learned of the term peanut flour. In fact, when in 2016 it was all over the news that cheese sandwich crackers that were made by Kellogg's were going to start containing peanut flour, I played Don't Walk as a companion to this news story.
If you are wondering where this is, it was Mae's Bakery in Swampscott, MA at the corner of Burrill Street and Route 1A. Ironically, both sides of Route 1A had a church on Burrill Street at one point that could have been where the groom was due to get married.