Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Tchyeah... and who wants to bet that if we skip it, they're going to sneak something great into there besides that, and if we DO watch, that will be the only thing worth it? Murphy's Law, man.
Yeah. I know what you mean. I don't watch the repeats, because I feel like I've seen them before. Yet they did air the Telly and Oscar thing with the letter B in a repeat episode so you never know and I probably made the same comment before. Lol.

I liked the street story. Matt was funny as the excited game-show person. The Word of the Day was funny. The new Murray tune-in was good. ETM was awesome! Tons of catchy songs.
Yeah. I was wondering who his puppeteer was. I thought it sounded like Marty, but I knew that couldn't be right since Marty was performing Snuffy. It's neat to see Caroll and Matt interact.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Oh the announcer was Matt all right. Plus Joey was the other one. Yeah, the announcer was actually two identical puppets when they popped up in different places. Leslie played the quick cameo of the number 6 at the end, even though we didn't hear the 6 speak, plus Carmen played the fox.

Know how I know?

Well, my wife and I were there in Hooper's Store watching them film it! (My wife runs Caroll's official website). We saw everything but the "Winnebago" joke being filmed at the very beginning. Now that it has, at last, aired (they filmed it on May 19, 2011) I can talk about it. To anyone interested, I can tell about what happened that day. One thing's for certain, there's nothing that will prepare you for how wonderful it is to be on Sesame Street. Oh, I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was!

http://carollspinney.net/docs/photos.html

On the same day, Marty went around with his camcorder and did a short film on Caroll for his site "Sesame Family Robinson". You can see "Tex" from the episode in the beginning of the clip. I make a very short cameo at the end (the guy in the black fedora and brown shirt). So, for those of you who don't believe I was there...well, there I am!

http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/blog/-/blogs/carol-spinney-prepares-his-script

So, to any Muppeteers, Leela, or any behind the scenes people reading this, my wife and I had a blast. It was one of the best days ever!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
While I'm not too pleased they re-used the Voice parody in yesterday's ep., they did replay one of the Blowin' in the Wind spoof cartoons, oldest material we've seen so far this season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'm not too pleased they re-used the Voice parody in yesterday's ep., they did replay one of the Blowin' in the Wind spoof cartoons, oldest material we've seen so far this season.
I understand that they have budget concerns and need to reuse material in the same season now, but they could have at least waited until the second half of the season in February to reuse that one.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm having trouble figuring out if that's Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson as Grover. I want to say Frank Oz. The voice sounds a little different from what I'm used to hearing from Oz, but voices do tend to change after a certain number of years, even when performed by the same person.
That happens with everyone when they get older. Big Bird, Elmo, and Baby Bear's voices aren't as high-pitched as they used to be.

andyf

Reaction score
It was great to see the blowing in the wind #1 song from 1994. At least theyr'e still airing old stuff once in a great while. It was also nice seeing a storyline about Big Bird and Snuffy with no Elmo or Abby or Baby Bear popping up. Reminded me of a late 80's episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I've been wondering, and I'm not sure whether it's okay to ask here or start a thread about it, but is Slimey still on the show? I haven't watched enough of the show since season 40 and don't recall reading about any post-season 40 Slimey appearances, but that doesn't mean he's not still heavily on the show.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
One thing I've been wondering, and I'm not sure whether it's okay to ask here or start a thread about it, but is Slimey still on the show? I haven't watched enough of the show since season 40 and don't recall reading about any post-season 40 Slimey appearances, but that doesn't mean he's not still heavily on the show.
To answer your question, this is the most recent episode, in which Slimey has made an appearance:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4266

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SW updated their celebrity airdate schedule in the press kit with a few more guests. Donald Glover's appearing next week - awesome! I love him in Community!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And for anyone who wants to spoil next week's shows, the new segments are on SS.org, as well as all the street stories.

Things to look forward to: Donald Glover (love), some Honker cameos, a new Elmo the Musical segment, Sesame Street returning to the golden age of cinema and Alan, unfortunately, being a big ham.