Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

robodog

Reaction score
The skinned Tickle Me Elmo isn't that creepy to me because I like the more mechanical look and because I'm fascinated with the inner workings of things like this. Might have something to do with the fact that I love animatronics and robotics and all that goes with them. I'm generally immune to the uncanny valley, at least where things like this are concerned. Lobotomized Animal is pretty darn creepy though.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The man is supposed to be Bruce Campbell...

WOOW! I don't I can fall asleep after seeing this. Muppet Neightmares are the worst. Though the creepiest thing I've seen is there's an image on creepypasta of a store bought Kermit puppet with colors reversed where it looks like he has black eyes and white pubils. lol Anyone ever play the playstation game "Muppet Monster Adventure"? They had a contest awhile back where Muppet fans can send creepy Muppet pictures and it would be a part of a special feature gallery when winning the same. Piggy is the scariest in this and I feel sort of bad for Kermit there. For a second, I thought that was the Angry Video Game Nerd. lol

Auberoun

Reaction score

From the Muppet Wiki I guess it is scary to me for several reasons.
1) Kermit is more than just a puppet to me, he is a living breathing thing (Yes, I am older, and still believe!),
2.) to see multiples of him stuffed into a drawer gives me the willies...
3.) He seems so lifeless and not himself
4.) how does he breathe in there? OK, I know that he is only a puppet, but I don't want to face that reality...ok?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I love this picture, where did it originally come from? From a magazine, if so I'd love to track down and try to get it for my book library. Kermit the Frog S.S. only, must be Kermits that are only used for Sesame Street. Just curious about the whole Muppet organization thing. So the newer puppets are kept in file cabinet and if they are a bit older, they go to storage right? It's funny because I've always thought that there would normally be one Kermit per year but there is in fact three in there. Does JHC usually disgard an older version of a main character if it's in bad shape? The whole process of the workshop's organization really fascinates me. :smile:

Speaking of Muppet File Cabinet horrors, remember the last Land of Gorch sketch from early season 2 of SNL? I just love how King Ploopis kept slaming Scred above him and Scred getting his head caught in the middle. lol

Auberoun

Reaction score
The article mentioned that there were 11 different Kermits used for Seasme Street. (Only 3 of which we see here, so more must be in the drawer or someplace else.) From what I have seen the JHC doesn't discard the older versions, they put them in archives and use them for reference since they are no longer suitable for filming. In some cases, they are housed on display in various museums. (The Jim Henson Museum in Leland, MS comes to mind for one.)

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well it's during the day for me so I guess it's okay for me to post this now

This image was from CreepyPasta. I rarely ever go on it, a friend of mine told me this. In fact around the time where he told me he seen an image of Kermit cooking Miss Piggy and eating bacon with a caption "Revenge has never tasted so sweet" and I was laughing with him telling him "That's twisted and could never happen." lol You know what's strange is I can sort of handle creepy nightmare Muppet images and Muppet zombie fan art during the day only. I seriously can't handle it at night, I get really jumpy and freaked out easily at night. lol I've had my share of Muppet Nightmares, one was a crazed Big Bird foaming from the mouth with a giant needle stalking me with his clown chair and he ran like Ed from Ed Edd N Eddy. It was creepy. lol

charlietheowl

Reaction score
1) Kermit is more than just a puppet to me, he is a living breathing thing (Yes, I am older, and still believe!),
2.) to see multiples of him stuffed into a drawer gives me the willies...
3.) He seems so lifeless and not himself
4.) how does he breathe in there? OK, I know that he is only a puppet, but I don't want to face that reality...ok?
I know, I think that way too. It's sometimes jarring to see pictures like that, with older puppets or in-progress characters.