The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

snichols1973

Reaction score
One of the saddest moments in The Christmas Toy is when Ditz the clown gets frozen; the whole playroom mourns at his "passing", and near the end, he miraculously "comes to"....

Equally saddening is the moment when Rugby sings a sad song for Mew the stuffed mouse; Dave Goelz's performance (as Rugby) is somewhat reminiscent of "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"; fortunately, Mew is not frozen forever, and turns out to be alive...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
One of the saddest moments in The Christmas Toy is when Ditz the clown gets frozen; the whole playroom mourns at his "passing"....:cry:
The very sad moment I had was when Mew was frozen (I LOVE that little guy) and the song Rugby sang was sweet (maybe bittersweet), but that was the part that tugged my heartstrings the most.

snichols1973

Reaction score
The very sad moment I had was when Mew was frozen (I LOVE that little guy) and the song Rugby sang was sweet (maybe bittersweet), but that was the part that tugged my heartstrings the most.
I recently edited and updated the post to include that moment as well (see above)....

Vincent L

Reaction score
I feel Together At Christmas is equally tear-jerking.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I feel Together At Christmas is equally tear-jerking.
I couldn't agree more, Vincent. My heartstrings got tugged by this song when it was sung by all the Muppet families in "A Muppet Family Christmas" and it gets me misty-eyed. (sniffs)

Hubert

Reaction score
Well, both of the Studio DC specials had me crying throughout. :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, the one moment that really makes me cry (and that's an accomplishment considering that I don't cry much at movies and that sort) is the TMS theme song rendition in The Muppets. It was at that point in my first viewing that I really felt the movie hit me, that this is it. The Muppets are back around.

So now, out of tradition, I tend to cry during that scene. It's just special to me for some reason.

Pianogirl

Reaction score
my most touching moment is when robin sang "halfway down the stairs" in the first season on TMS, when beaker gives Mr. Scrooge his scarf in MCC, and "We could do it all again" from the the muppets.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
my most touching moment is when robin sang "halfway down the stairs" in the first season on TMS, when beaker gives Mr. Scrooge his scarf in MCC, and "We could do it all again" from the the muppets.

its called pictures in my head but thats alright :smile: no worries

Pianogirl

Reaction score
Thanks muppetlover123, I've never seen the title written out, only heard the song in the context of the film. *Blushes sheepishly*