Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been watching the El Sleezo sequence from The Muppet Movie online, and noticed that when Kermit walks by a table where the waiter is serving frogs legs, one of the people at the table looks like Doc Hopper. Not sure if that's actually him or not, but he's dressed similar, and I thought I saw somebody at the table who resembles one of his henchmen. Though I didn't spot anybody who looked like Max at the table. There was also some woman at the table, but in the movie Doc was not known to have a love interest or hench woman. I always thought that when Doc first sees Kermit, he and Max were about to enter the place. I wonder if it's possible they were leaving and Max suddenly noticed Kermit on stage.

Also noticed that in the scene with Madeline Kahn, after she leaves, she walks up the stairs, and she keeps turning her back towards the camera.

Hubert

Reaction score
I just noticed that in "The Muppets," in the background of the Tex/Bobo fencing scene, it almost looks like The Today Show is on the TV right before the Muppet Telethon preview appears. I can't see it well, but it really looked like The Today Show's screen layout. (with the correct title spot on screen, and the right bottom bar)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that The Jim Henson Company has released the Dog City special on DVD under the title "Dog City: The Movie", despite the fact that the series hasn't been on DVD (except for those Amazon burn-on-demand discs), hasn't been rerun in years, and I'm sure many aren't aware of the series (there's also the fact that the special is a special and not a movie). The DVD release of the special really should have had a bonus episode or two so people would have an idea of what the series is.

I've also noticed that The World of Jim Henson lacks certain clips that would be expected. Back when I first heard of the documentary I was expecting it to have Mahna Mahna and Rubber Duckie, but neither clips appears, not even briefly and without their audio in clip montages. And now as I'm older there are more clips that I'm surprised aren't included, like Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet and the Turn the World Around number (in fact, a long time ago on Toughpigs, I saw something that mentioned this documentary, and Danny said he couldn't remember what clips were included, guessing those two clips because they are always in retrospectives... I wonder if that was a joke or if he guessed wrong). Heck, the montage of clips from commercials doesn't include any Wilkins Coffee commercials. It's also interesting how that documentary includes interviews with Harry Belafonte, yet the documentary does not include any clips from his appearances on The Muppet Show or Sesame Street.

Hubert

Reaction score
I assume they probably did the release title thing so that us fans wouldn't go crazy thinking that the series was finally receiving a release. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that in Muppet Classic Theater, nearly all of the supporting characters are incredibly idiotic. All of the established characters in the special (except for Fozzie) play most of the only smart characters; the only new characters who seem to be intelligent are the wolf (in both stories he's in) and the elves. Maybe also the banker. We get Miss Piggy being stuck with a family of stupid pigs (Poppa Pig as well as Andy and Randy), various idiotic townspeople (especially ones who overreact to what sheppard Gonzo tells them, and who when Gonzo is right don't believe him and berate him for all the times he lied when he never actually lied all those times, even mayor Kermit acknowledged previously that he had a habit of overreacting), a loyal advisor who seemed to care more about his castle award than finding king Kermit a special wife (thinking the gold Rumplestilksin made was a trick when Piggy was in the dungeon, keeping an eye on that gold while Piggy made more).

And on the subject of Muppet Classic Theater, I thought of a line in the "Who Do You Think You're Fooling?" number. Earlier, when Gonzo tells the townspeople what he's overreacted to, all the townspeople except for Kermit as the mayor are quick to overreact as badly (if not worse) than Gonzo. Clearly Kermit knows better, but then in the song, Kermit says "You had us running from a hundred-foot-cow". "Us"? So I guess that implies that the mayor had at least once overreacted to the sheppard's overractions. Maybe he knew better quickly.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Been watching some Muppet Babies episodes lately. I noticed that in the episode Puss 'n Boots 'n Babies (which must be Bean Bunny's first appearance), when Nanny shows up to announce a surprise for them, they mention that they were surprised as well because Bean Bunny showed up to play. Nanny wasn't aware that anybody came, so.... Did Bean just knock on the door and one of the babies answered the door all on his or her own?

On a sorta opposite note, I noticed that in Good Clean Fun, after the babies have made a mess in the kitchen, Nanny mentions making lunch for them after she cleans the place up, but Bunsen nervously turns down the offer and leaves the house with Beaker. So are Bunsen and Beaker actually capable of coming and going on their own? It seems Nanny didn't take them home, and they seemed to just leave like that, without expecting any parents or guardians to take them.

And in the episode where Nanny gives Gonzo some cookies for all the babies, but then Gonzo decides not to tell the others (because they didn't want to watch Gonzo's stunt), Nanny just comes home from the grocery store, not realising that it's past lunch time. So did Nanny just leave eight babies alone in the nursery without any babysitter or adult supervision?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Been watching some Muppet Babies episodes lately. I noticed that in the episode Puss 'n Boots 'n Babies (which must be Bean Bunny's first appearance), when Nanny shows up to announce a surprise for them, they mention that they were surprised as well because Bean Bunny showed up to play. Nanny wasn't aware that anybody came, so.... Did Bean just knock on the door and one of the babies answered the door all on his or her own?

On a sorta opposite note, I noticed that in Good Clean Fun, after the babies have made a mess in the kitchen, Nanny mentions making lunch for them after she cleans the place up, but Bunsen nervously turns down the offer and leaves the house with Beaker. So are Bunsen and Beaker actually capable of coming and going on their own? It seems Nanny didn't take them home, and they seemed to just leave like that, without expecting any parents or guardians to take them.

And in the episode where Nanny gives Gonzo some cookies for all the babies, but then Gonzo decides not to tell the others (because they didn't want to watch Gonzo's stunt), Nanny just comes home from the grocery store, not realising that it's past lunch time. So did Nanny just leave eight babies alone in the nursery without any babysitter or adult supervision?
I haven't seen the first two, but I was always curious about the last one. Probably just a case of the writers not worrying about those minor details.

Though I do remember one episode where Bunsen and Beaker randomly showed up by flying through the nursery's window via a new invention.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that on The StoryTeller, characters who get forced to serve end up getting fair payment anyway.

In "A Story Short", the Storyteller gets punished for tricking the cook and the king decides that for his punishment, the storyteller must tell one story a day or get cooked, and the king decides to give the storyteller a coin or whatever a day. The storyteller says that's his usual fee, but if he's being punished for a crime then why should he get payment?

And in "The Soldier and Death", the soldier forces one of the devils into swearing to serve him faithfully. The soldier also cuts that devil's foot off. Several years later, when the soldier's son becomes ill, the solider offers to give him back his foot in exchange for helping his son recover, and then releases him from his promise to serve in exchange for the special glass that allows one to see Death. If the devilw as supposed to be serving the soldier, then why would the soldier have to give him back his foot and release him?

Additionally, it seems like the soldiers wife first meets the servant devil at the time that the boy had been ill. But this occurred many years after the devil had agreed to serve the solider, which happened before they got married and before they had a son. So this devil had been serving the soldier and yet during that time the wife hadn't met her husband's servant?

Hubert

Reaction score
Though not really a little thing, so to speak, I noticed for the first time today while watching GMC that right around the time of the whole pizza thing with Kermit and Fozzie, when Nicky and the girls are entering the Mallory Gallery, it quickly shows Nicky's sock, which looks very colorful and as if it was in some way supposed to be embarrassing. Not sure what it was, it flashed too fast, but something interesting.