Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am very new to this thread and now it's 2013. WHY ISN'T SEASON $ RELEASED YET? WHAT ABOUT BONUS FEATURES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD? Also, whay am i yelling and complaining. I am getting worried about DVD releases lately. :sigh:

Hubert

Reaction score
Some say that the release is being held off due to music rights. On the other hand, Disney may just also be sitting on this release, possibly to coincide with the next Muppet movie. No one really knows at this point what is going on.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Maybe Disney is going to have a huge Season 4 release, complete with a Muppet party, meet and greet with the Muppets, and lots of free merchandise!!! And they're gonna include all sorts of rare Muppet specials like Of Muppets and Men, and all the Fairytales!!!

(Hey, a guy can dream, right?)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's what they said last time.
Look, even if we do get Disney to release it, say, 2014. We won't be getting season five until around 2016! And DVDs won't even be sold then!
They'll re-release the other seasons on Blu-Ray before we get them on DVD. :sigh:

EDIT: Ziffeled.
*looks at Casey with the evil eye*

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i really hope season 4 comes this winter and or spring because we got the muppet movie coming out this august!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
i really hope season 4 comes this winter and or spring because we got the muppet movie coming out this august!
I don't know muppetlover123...maybe they could release around the same time, so we could have a deal for The Muppet Movie and the Muppet Show Season 4.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if they just stuck 4&5 into some sort of deluxe DVD so they could be done with it and also maybe repackage all the titles into a whole series set too. It's time for these episodes to be out in the world.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i wish they would do a season 4 and 5 or even just a 4 heck i hope on the muppet movie bluray they have a trailer for season 4 and maybe a teaser for the muppets...again

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Get a load of what Jim Hill just said about the Season 4 and 5 DVD's on his Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia

This is one of the few times that I'm going to have to disagree with him.

Now we REALLY need to get our resident insiders on the case to find out the REAL reason for the hold-up on Seasons 4 and 5. Time to stop talking and start taking action!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Get a load of what Jim Hill just said about the Season 4 and 5 DVD's on his Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia

This is one of the few times that I'm going to have to disagree with him.
Um, I'm just gonna say it. Not unlike the Muppet Show itself, Jim Hill's criticism of the Muppets is like a running gag. He's just not very keen on them personally (he gave a rather scathing review to the last movie) and this perspective shades his opinion. He's a glass-half-full guy when pertaining to the Muppets.

Sure, Hill's been doing this for quite a while. He knows his Disney history and some insiders. However, the majority of what he reports is opinion and speculation. It is not fact. Disney is notoriously tight-lipped about their inner-workings. They will not let employees leak sensitive information to bloggers.

The truth is, the Muppets are still a harder-sell with retailers than any of us would like. That's not exclusively a Muppet problem. The whole home video market is declining and any property without a current project is a hard-sell. There are many ways to make this release a success. My guess is that the new Muppet Movie Blu-ray will help gage consumer interest in classic material.

The average episode of TMS contains a half-dozen songs. This was well-before producers conceived of securing the home video rights and those can be prohibitively expensive after-the-fact. The Disney name alone is enough to justify a Target/Walmart endcap. The likely culprit for the hold-up is music rights.

Even if all the music rights are secured, they will greatly cut into the profit margin.That means conditions must be optimized for success. And that's the only part of the JHM speculation I agree with. The best time for seasons 4&5 would be to tie them to another Muppets release.