Who is Lionsgate associated with?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And the thing of it is, Warner and Disney are two completely different (and rival) corporations.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It all has to do with either some obscure, long out of print CD, or some union thing.

And Warners Music only acts like a complete butt because they turned down Google's very generous offer for music sharing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed, and I'm not going to say what program it is, but I've noticed that since Lionsgate's contract with Henson ran out, at least one Henson special that Lionsgate released is on YouTube... and yet the uploaded date is from around 2008. I know it was removed when Lionsgate got the rights, and I'm pretty sure the productions Lionsgate flagged were not blocked from some countries but not others (I could be wrong). As far as I know, if a video's removed and added later, the original upload date can't be put back in.

Then again, I think every video from the Sesame Street channel still has the original upload date, even though the channel was briefly taken down due to hackers. Not sure how all that works.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
It all has to do with either some obscure, long out of print CD, or some union thing.

And Warners Music only acts like a complete butt because they turned down Google's very generous offer for music sharing.
Yeah, It was ToonTunes CD that had theme songs from Disney shows. And Warner does not even own Raw Toonage, Marsupilami, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Goof Troop, The Wuzzles, Gummi Bears, or other shows. They are owned by Disney. And no, The Australian Broadcasting Company is not "The Real Sesame Street." WMG also does not own "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" Here is a rant video that was posted back in 2009 about WMG claiming Carmen Sandiego:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The kicker is that only 4 of those songs were even released on that CD.​

Unless it's some sort of union or music publishing thing, those were definitely false copyright claims. Still... long out of print CD... real bullcrap. And all because WMG didn't take the generous offer Google gave them.​

CDCB

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this up, but apparently, a Playhouse Disney uploader by the name of OtterFan25 got suspended by Lionsgate for uploading full episodes of Sesame Street, one of which possibly used one of the clips from the special, but I have no idea which one (I was waiting for her to upload some Toon Disney ads).
Hey-- I actually am OtterFan25 and I just wanted to clear up that I was not suspended by Lionsgate. I was actually suspended by Sesame Workshop for the same reason--uploading full Sesame Street episodes. Just wanted to clear up that misconception.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Hey-- I actually am OtterFan25 and I just wanted to clear up that I was not suspended by Lionsgate. I was actually suspended by Sesame Workshop for the same reason--uploading full Sesame Street episodes. Just wanted to clear up that misconception.
Sorry to hear about that. And Geoffrey Weagraff got a copyright strike for posting Sesame Street episodes as well. And I decided to remove Sesame Street videos down from Youtube and move them to other video sharing sites. Because I do not want to get suspended from Youtube. :mad::eek::boo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like TheRoadRunnerCoyote just got his *** handed to him.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Currently Lionsgate is no longer associated with The Jim Henson Company. Another company is releasing its programming on video now.

It seems most Henson video distribution deals only last five years (though the deal with Sony lasted a little longer). I wonder why these video companies don't renegotiate when the deals end.