Comic book readers

Scooterforever

Reaction score
That was a good rant, Scotterforever. I aree Joker gets too much exposure typically. In the "New 52" he has really only made one storyline appearance, albeit one that crossed over into too many titles and seemed like overkill at times. But in the past, and throughout Batman's history, Joker clearly gets more of the big stories. It'd be great to see some others get their shot.

Snyder had a pretty cool story to kick off the "New 52" with the Court of the Owls, and his next big storyline will be "Zero Year" and looks like some new things will be introduced into the Batman mythos about his beginnings.

Morrison's run with Bruce and company battling Leviathan features the spotlight on Talia, which is great. Any story that features the al Ghul family works for me. And with recent events, Talia is making a push to be Bruce's second greatest nemesis.

Personally, Joker isn't my favorite Bat-villain.
Who is your favorite Bat-villain? There's certainly nothing wrong with liking the Joker, I just think he's overexposed. My fav Bat-villain has ALWAYS been Two-face. He actually has some great storylines, and for awhile he was set up as Dick's arch-enemy (see Robin: Year One, Batman: Long Shadows, the first 7 issues of the Prodigal storyline), but the reboot may have wiped that out. Two-face is certainly considered a great villain, but he hasn't gotten much attention following the reboot; neither Snyder nor Morrison have touched him, aside from some minor cameos, which is a shame, because Two-face was great in Morrison's Arkham Asylum graphic novel.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Who is your favorite Bat-villain? There's certainly nothing wrong with liking the Joker, I just think he's overexposed. My fav Bat-villain has ALWAYS been Two-face. He actually has some great storylines, and for awhile he was set up as Dick's arch-enemy (see Robin: Year One, Batman: Long Shadows, the first 7 issues of the Prodigal storyline), but the reboot may have wiped that out. Two-face is certainly considered a great villain, but he hasn't gotten much attention following the reboot; neither Snyder nor Morrison have touched him, aside from some minor cameos, which is a shame, because Two-face was great in Morrison's Arkham Asylum graphic novel.
Joker would probably rank 3rd on my list. I'll cheat and lump Ra's and Talia/Leviathan (could be just because of how well Morrison has used her in the past few years) as my favorites, with Scarecrow (though the recent arc in the Batman: The Dark Knight title wasn't great) coming in 2nd. Two-Face would probably come in 4th for me.

If the story is good, I can get into any Bat-villain really. I just like to read anything Batman.

I think the reboot has erased the Dick/Two-face rivalry. I don't read the Nightwing book, but he is set to go away from Gotham. I do like the idea of that.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Joker would probably rank 3rd on my list. I'll cheat and lump Ra's and Talia/Leviathan (could be just because of how well Morrison has used her in the past few years) as my favorites, with Scarecrow (though the recent arc in the Batman: The Dark Knight title wasn't great) coming in 2nd. Two-Face would probably come in 4th for me.

If the story is good, I can get into any Bat-villain really. I just like to read anything Batman.

I think the reboot has erased the Dick/Two-face rivalry. I don't read the Nightwing book, but he is set to go away from Gotham. I do like the idea of that.
Yeah, Nighwing in Bludhaven didn't work, because it was like "Gotham Lite." I'd like to see Dick far away from Gotham. It's really about time Dick became his own character instead of being a supporting Batman character, but every time writers try to do that it doesn't work.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Yeah, Nighwing in Bludhaven didn't work, because it was like "Gotham Lite." I'd like to see Dick far away from Gotham. It's really about time Dick became his own character instead of being a supporting Batman character, but every time writers try to do that it doesn't work.
SPOILERS

Dick is on his way to Chicago now, and he turned Bruce's offer of joining the Justice League down. Maybe DC is going to give it another shot to have him be his own character.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Anyone get out there for Free Comic Book Day? I went to a shop that had a Tardis photobooth set up, and Gail Simone was there signing.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Free comic book day is one of my favorite holidays....went to our local comic store and got four free comics each (including the sasame street one)...after that we went to toys rus for a free lego star wars building event. Star wars day and Free Comic Day need to happen together more often...

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Nice! It was cool the days happened together this year. There were lots of fans dressed as Star Wars characters at the shops I went around to. The deals, with shops having 50% recent comic as well, helped me get some stuff from creators to sign as the comic con season continues.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On this subject... what the heck happened to Regular Show 3? And the better question, what's the deal with Sesame Street #2? They had a reprint of number one, and nothing for months. I'll assume that's a quarterly magazine.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score

Roger Langridge did free black and white sketches at the Baltimore Comic-Con this past weekend. I was thrilled with the Rowlf he drew for me.

Here's a link to the photo for a bigger view: http://bit.ly/1eaNreN