Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind the whole thing turned out to be a dream anyway, and do dreams always make 100% sense? I mean, look at the screencap above... how do you expect a fish to survive being sealed in a rubbermaid container down in a basement for years?

Drtooth

Reaction score
From that perspective, it does make sense, but from a conceptual and writing perspective, it's a disappointing dangling concept on an otherwise not bad episode.

As for the other episodes, the Buster one manages to make use of it being a show about kids and doing what kids usually do. I'm glad they mentioned how Buster went away longer (neglecting the fact that Buster had no problem separating from Arthur in that case, perhaps his father's much more fun than his mother?). Also noticed in the past 4 cartoons, Ladonna only makes a silent cameo in one of them for like a second.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today's new episode should make a certain fan troll happy, as Bud will be taking his hat off today.

Seriously, there's a troll out there who is obsessed with Bud taking his hat off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
..and the "Too short to ride the roller-coaster" episode was as lame as I expected it to be. Even had the predictable "they didn't really ride on it because it was scary and the ride operators were right to not let them on" ending. Laaaaaaaaaame.

But I'll give them credit for one thing... Dave Read's conversation with Ed Crosswire about how to use the oven to make Coctail Weenies was a pleasant surprise! Too bad that was the most interesting thing in the episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like how Marina was pretty defensive about being a blind girl taking gymnastics to the point where she realized there was something she actually had a problem with. It really gives an element of depth and vulnerability to the character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think today's new episode was yet another example of why they should just up and rename the show ELWOOD CITY KIDS, or just plain ELWOOD CITY, because Arthur wasn't even in today's new episode at all.

But yes, I agree that the episode with Marina was a good one; probably the best one of the new season yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So get this, you know how we've been complaining that D.W. and Bud being too short to ride the rollercoaster has been done to death?

Well, as it turns out, that one was the result of a contest. Well okay, not really an actual contest, but that was back when the writers went to Facebook and asked fans to submit episode ideas, and that's the one that was chosen.

Makes me think now my idea of Arthur developing a crush on an older female (like a new piano teacher, perhaps) could have easily been selected, even though that's been done to death (and they already did it on the show).

Drtooth

Reaction score
So get this, you know how we've been complaining that D.W. and Bud being too short to ride the rollercoaster has been done to death?

Well, as it turns out, that one was the result of a contest. Well okay, not really an actual contest, but that was back when the writers went to Facebook and asked fans to submit episode ideas, and that's the one that was chosen.
UGh... really?! They couldn't come up with the lamest cliche in kid's media on their own? They had to have an unimaginative kid rip it off for them. That's...that's much worse.

Now, if I entered something on Facebook, I'd say they should do an episode where D.W. is finally called out on her brattitude. It's been a long time coming. Personally, I rather like when she's a magnificent, shrewd, genius.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's new episode should make a certain fan troll happy, as Bud will be taking his hat off today.

Seriously, there's a troll out there who is obsessed with Bud taking his hat off.
Is he the same guy who keeps spamming Aardvarks Anonymous with pictures of characters in their underwear?

Last edited by a moderator: