Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well put.

And thank you for uploading this hysterical scene!!
(@cjd874 Oscar's line at the end sounds like something that you would have made up for one of your Old School Outlines! So, that's definitely a good sign with how well you write lines for him! :grouchy:)
There's been many times adult characters were shown to be in Oscar's can, but this is the first time I've seen any actually come in from the top. When I saw Maria get in and then Mr. Hooper about to, I thought, "did they really have Mr. Hooper do that at his age?" But then I saw that it cut to a shot of Oscar as Hooper was getting in (we also didn't actually see him get out).

I just saw a thread on the Muppet Wiki forum that there's a website (I can't remember what it's called) that has these and more episodes available for download. I'm hesitant to download them, but at least I can see a list of episode numbers (and look at the Muppet Wiki pages, if those episodes have pages, to see what we can look forward to knowing more about).

Last edited:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Any more Holy Grails unearthed?
Tons probably!

When I saw Maria get in and then Mr. Hooper about to, I thought, "did they really have Mr. Hooper do that at his age?" But then I saw that it cut to a shot of Oscar as Hooper was getting in (we also didn't actually see him get out).
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda makes me wonder about the "Bring Your Own Can" episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw on the official Sesame Street Facebook page that Sesame Workshop is dedicating this week as "Old School Week", meaning that there'll be a classic clip posted each day this week. Makes me wonder if anything rare will be uploaded, or if it'll all be stuff that can be viewed at sesamestreet.org, or even if all of the segments can already be viewed online (even if they're not all on sesamestreet.org).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw on the official Sesame Street Facebook page that Sesame Workshop is dedicating this week as "Old School Week", meaning that there'll be a classic clip posted each day this week. Makes me wonder if anything rare will be uploaded, or if it'll all be stuff that can be viewed at sesamestreet.org, or even if all of the segments can already be viewed online (even if they're not all on sesamestreet.org).
I'm willing to be the clips won't be anything that isn't on SS.org. Maybe one, it's possible.

I also suspect each day is a different decade. Monday, the 60s. Tuesday, the 70s. Wedns, the 80s, Thurs, 90s (or, the early 90s) and Friday, I dunno. Either one of their "Collections," a street story and nothing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm willing to be the clips won't be anything that isn't on SS.org. Maybe one, it's possible.
Well, today's clip was one that I don't remember knowing about. Not sure if it's at sesamestreet.org (I searched Oscar the Grouch videos but didn't see it in my searching).

Oscarfan said:
I also suspect each day is a different decade. Monday, the 60s. Tuesday, the 70s. Wedns, the 80s, Thurs, 90s (or, the early 90s) and Friday, I dunno. Either one of their "Collections," a street story and nothing.
I was thinking that (I'll be surprised if Friday is something from the early 2000s... I can see the '90s being "old school" now, but has enough time passed for the early 2000s to be "old school"?).

Another assortment I can think of: Monday is 1969, Tuesday can be early 1970s (and it was), Wednesday could be late 1970s (1974-1979), Thursday can be early 1980s, and Friday can be late-1980s.