What sketches scared you as a kid?

Drtooth

Reaction score
8. Any of the cartoons by Laughing Sal (see her youtube page)
9. The guy talking about how he loves his bones
8) Sally Cruickshank, an independant animator who worked for Sesame Street for a brief, but memorable part of the 80's and 90's. Her last digital work, a remake of Dance Myself to Sleep, aired sometime in 2000 I guess. Digital does not flatter her work at all, I think.

9)"M-but I still love my BO-O-O-O-O-ONES!"

Wow... one of your scariest moments was one of my funniest moments.

wiley207

Reaction score
8. the fire episode
You mean the one when Hoopers' store has a fire? It was pretty dark and realistic, and it had really tense music that reminded me of the Mysterious Theater theme. But I thought I heard that there was an episode where 123 Sesame Street caught fire. When was this episode, and can someone give me a detailed synopsis on it?

Mr Devco

Reaction score
yeah i meant the episode when the street caught on fire. I never got to see the episodes Mr. Hooper was in

wiley207

Reaction score
yeah i meant the episode when the street caught on fire. I never got to see the episodes Mr. Hooper was in
Which season was the episode with the apartment on fire? The 1980s, I presume?

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
Do you think their is a club that involves users scared of "Wet Paint" and also where is the club for "The Word Is No"?
count me in for the latter. I was never scared of "Wet Paint" but "The Word is No" freaked me out so much when I was little I couldn't even watch the whole show because I was scared it would come on...My mom had to squeeze me between her knees when I was little and force me to watch it. I don't even think I could watch it now; it would probably trigger some disturbing dreams.

~Dana (formerly Fuzzy and Blue)~

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
well if it hadn't been for what she had done, I probably would still be scared stiff right now about watching the show itself for fear that song would come on (thank goodness I'm not, though!) for a brief period of time I was afraid to even watch anything on PBS, but that passed fortunately! my mom was only sympathetic of my fear of the song for a few years during my childhood but as I got older (maybe about 6 or 7 years old), she decided it was irrational and had to do something about it. as strict as it sounds, Muppet dude, it was for my own good. Even when my dad brings it up once in a blue moon he admitted that Maria's and Gina's faces (what scared me along with the giant lips at the beginning) were angry and scary looking, so he didn't blame me for being scared of it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sometimes it is good for parents to encourage kids to face their fears, let them know it's only make believe and nothing to worry about. There are so many real things to be afraid of in the world, you shouldn't be worried about imaginary things. Plus, learning to face any fears early on can be beneficial. :smile: