Game Suggestions Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppetgem, only staff members are allowed to start game threads.

If people have ideas for games using the various Muppet characters, please develop them with an endpoint in mind, as well as rules, and then when you've got everything ready you can propose your idea in this thread.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have a new game idea called "3 Words".

Basically, you have to guess the Muppet, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc. character using only the 3 word clue provided, and the first member to guess the character correctly has to post a different clue.

For example, if I posted the clue "furry red monster" and someone guessed Elmo, then they would post a different clue, and so on.

Rules:
- Clues can ONLY have 3 words.
- Clues can be easy, but try not to make them too obvious.

So what do you think? I hope this is easy to understand and that I explained it well enough. I'm not very good at explaining things...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The above idea was explained well, but it needs a bit of refinement since there are certain words that could be used for more than one Muppet character. For example: Furry Blue Monster could apply to Cookie Monster as well as Grover as well as Herry Monster. Also, it would get fairly boring if the same three words are used constantly or the same character gets chosen multiple times by different people like what happened in the Muppet Geography game. Not saying this idea is a bad one, just needs a bit more refining.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The above idea was explained well, but it needs a bit of refinement since there are certain words that could be used for more than one Muppet character. For example: Furry Blue Monster could apply to Cookie Monster as well as Grover as well as Herry Monster. Also, it would get fairly boring if the same three words are used constantly or the same character gets chosen multiple times by different people like what happened in the Muppet Geography game. Not saying this idea is a bad one, just needs a bit more refining.
Okay, I understand.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, next rule. You can't pick a character that someone else has already done, and you can't mention the color of the character, unless it's a more obscure character like say, Big Mean Mama or Shivers the Penguin. It makes it a bit more challenging and fun, not only for the guesser, but also the one giving clues.

NLPuppetGuy

Reaction score
Dont know if this is the right place to post this but I would love to do a MC Book Club.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
We already have an MC Book Club thread, though I don't think it's currently active at the moment.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
As some of you guys remember, there was a thread in Friends and Family called “Let’s write a story - one word at a time!” Since I didn’t realize and posted it in the wrong forum, I’m going ahead and creating rules for an “official” one this time around. I’m renaming the game STORYTIME! Here are the rules/what to do:
  1. The first user to reply to the thread starts off by choosing ONE random word to begin the first sentence of our story.

2. The second user to reply to the thread comes up with another word to continue the sentence. This continues basically until we have a story, one word at a time. The story can end whenever we choose.
FACTORS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION:
  • Let’s try to have correct punctuation and sentence structure because it can get kind of confusing if there are run-on sentences and the like.

• Try to continue to use the same characters. There’s really no way in this game for the story to NOT get nonsensical, but let’s try to introduce the main character and follow through with his/her/its adventures or what have you.
I’m thinking that just so we can see our progress without going through pages and pages of posts, perhaps we should have a weekly update of how our story is going so far. Tell me what you think of this mods. I hope I explained it so you can understand! :smile: