What sketches scared you as a kid?

wiley207

Reaction score
Here's one...

Usually I wasn't bothered by Natalie the Cow. But her moo in "Boogie Woogie Piggies" at one part freaked the **** out of me as a kid! (Pardon my language). It's when they first show Chip (or is it Dip?) doing the tango with a sheep. It didn't sound like one of her normal sounds. It sounded more like a sick/dying cow, or even a fire alarm that's breaking down!
Combining that with all the flashing lights, animals making a racket and hurling themselves in the air, I thought the skit was pretty unnerving.

But then I grew to love Natalie years afterward. (I just watched the skit recently, for the first time in 18 years, and saw it was Natalie mooing like that (I think.)

ginabeanud

Reaction score
I was too little to remember this, but one time my mom had me in a highchair eating & watching tv while she went to the basement to do laundry. She said I started screaming hysterically and when she came up to see what was wrong, she saw The Count on the tv. She didn't let me watch him for a while after that.

clutch123

Reaction score
From my time watching Sesame Street, I can recall some scary clips.

1. the first sketch shows a bunch of kids swimming in a pool having fun; suddenly, you hear the theme you would hear from the movie "Jaws", as the ketter would emerge from the bottom of the pool, and would float up to the top of the pool. Anywhere from A to Z.

2. now this second sketch looks more like a black and white movie, and in this one I am explaning, there is a man who keeps making his car longer and shorter in repitition. After making his car longer for the final time, he takes off, and his car stalls out in the middle of a train track, in which the person speaking says: "I think the car is going to be short, veery - WATCH OUT!"

3. The second sketch is cartoon based on a director and a actor; and the director asks this man (actor), how to express "anger", and this actor tooks this seriously, yelled and the director, and left - slamming the door behind him.

Does anybody know what skits I am refferring too?

BeckyDR

Reaction score
2. now this second sketch looks more like a black and white movie, and in this one I am explaning, there is a man who keeps making his car longer and shorter in repitition. After making his car longer for the final time, he takes off, and his car stalls out in the middle of a train track, in which the person speaking says: "I think the car is going to be short, veery - WATCH OUT!"
I think the person speaking was María...and I do remember those sketches, but they did not scare me.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
A recent clip, with Oscar singing about being Happy, Mad and Sad, while he enjoys the chaos going on around him, Sheep, horses, chickens, penguins, ducks, dogs, and cats are being blown around in a windstorm, and a lightpost falls on Oscar, Telly and Rosita help him up, and he yells at them, as Grover, fighting the wind, grabs for Oscar, who takes his hand, and litterally throws him the way the wind is blowing. Later, we see Cookie Monster fighting the wind, Elmo being blown away on his bike, Zoe soon following, and then a chorus of Grouches singing with Oscar, but at the end, even Benny Rabbit goes flying...

The reason this scared me was Oscar's random abuse to Grover and a cat[Chip I beleive], throwing them INTO the storm once more, while he happily sings his song. Also, its great to know Oscar is immune to apparently the appocolypse on Sesame Street. Lol.

clutch123

Reaction score
I was doing some thinking, and I forgot to mention it:

A machine turning an oridinary piece of metal into a big burning letter "I", or was it a letter "H"?.

As for someone who mentioned about the "short and tall" movie clip, wouldn't you be scared if you were driving a car, and it stalled out on a train track, and a train hit it? I know I would be scared.