Old Nickelodeon

mr3urious

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion, but um....

In spite of the fact that I've always liked Catdog, I will say Nick really pushed the show too much when it was airing.

Like, every single day, there would be a new episode.
CatDog is pretty hit or miss for me thanks to its bleak tone. To me, the best episodes are when the title characters come out on top, or at the very least don't get kicked when they're down.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ah yeah, Catdog had some pretty mean-spirited humor.

Like how it would often end with the greasers chasing/pounding them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Dan Schneider, apparently in the wake of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harrassmant revelations, there's actually a conspiracy theory floating around on social media that Dan is really a pedophile and that it will only be a matter of time before he is either exposed for it or has to confess it himself.
Uhhh. . . .

https://news.avclub.com/nickelodeon-cuts-ties-with-icarly-victorious-creator-d-1824106777

This article doesn't say, but it briefly mentions the possibility of abusive behavior on his part.

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least we can still enjoy his performance in the Good Burger movie, right?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, the Schneider stuff has been whispered about for quite some time now.

Don't know if any of you have seen the documentary "An Open Secret," but apparently producer Gabe Hoffman said that Schneider was choice #2 to base the movie on.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nick shows that are in their last season:
  • School of Rock
  • Icky, Vicky, Ducky, and Simon
  • The Thundermans
And with Dan being kicked out:
  • Henry Danger
  • Game Shakers
This and the fact that at least four new animated series are premiering by next year, plus there are rumors that the current head of the network could be leaving soon, would no doubt be the dawn of a new era. Hopefully things are changing for the better.