You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
You ever notice how fewer bees there are?

And what's the deal with that GUNS: THE ALBUM thing?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So in the live-action/CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, Dave Seville is the father/guardian of the Chipettes as well as the Chipmunks, and in The Road Chip, the Chipettes leave Dave and the Chipmunks to be judges on American Idol, mainly to keep them out of much of the plot I guess.

And at the same time, Dave has been wanting the Chipmunks to stop touring and performing for a few years so they could live a normal life for a few years.

Maybe it was explained and I missed it, but why was Dave keeping the Chipmunks from continuing their music career for a few years while not making the Chipettes take a break from music as well? Were they just too big (bigger than the Chipmunks, which it seems in the movie) for Dave to take that away from them?

Also, at the end of the movie... spoiler alert for the three of you who might care.... Dave officially adopts Alvin, Simon, and Theodore (I didn't realize he hadn't adopted them yet), but doesn't adopt the Chipettes???

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
You ever notice how a lot of people on DeviantArt - namely preteen/early teenage furries - have eerily similar art styles to each other? Like, I swear, sometimes when I see people's art of their OCs and fursonas, it looks like they're all drawn by the same person.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really sad, they've been disappearing for a long time. I've been seeing them less and less to the point that last year I just saw a few, but this past Spring I didn't see any at all. None. Not even one.
This has been such a big problem for so long that there was an episode of Doctor Who ten years ago that tried to explain where all the bees had gone (apparently half of them were aliens that had to go back to their home planet).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope. They still seem plentiful to me. But fewer of 'em is okay by me. Same goes for wasps, flies, mosquitoes, gnats, springtails, stink bugs, boxelders, cicadas, and any other summertime pests.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nope. They still seem plentiful to me. But fewer of 'em is okay by me. Same goes for wasps, flies, mosquitoes, gnats, springtails, stink bugs, boxelders, cicadas, and any other summertime pests.
Well bees are really important. That's what's so scary about them dying off. But wasps? I hate wasps. There is definitely no shortage of those where I live. Certainly everything in nature has a function and a purpose, but wasps just seem like such evil creatures. Sometimes they attack you for no reason, or in some cases steal your burritos while you're not looking (don't ask). Wasps are to bees what geese are to ducks.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Why can't wasps and hornets disappear forever instead? They do nothing but spread pain and misery, as these Japanese giant hornets demonstrate. :eek:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This has been such a big problem for so long that there was an episode of Doctor Who ten years ago that tried to explain where all the bees had gone (apparently half of them were aliens that had to go back to their home planet).
Ugh, I didn't like that episode. Doctor Who has a problem where they try to explain everything that is wrong with the world is the result of some alien invasion or at least features aliens in some capacity. It's like, No, we actually did this ourselves! It's our fault the bees are disappearing. I really hope they don't address the racism in the Rosa Parks episode (rumored S11 story) as "oh the aliens made us racist". Because that would just be stupid.

Anyway my Who rant is over... *slips out*