2-Land Of The Lost
3-The Partridge Family
4-Welcome Back, Kotter
5-The Muppet Show
6-HR Pufnstuf
7-Miami Vice
8-Family Guy
9-Sigmund & The Sea Monsters
10-Planet Of The Apes (only ran for one season)
11-Captain Kangaroo
12-Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
13-Different Strokes
14-Mr. Belvedere
15-The Brady Bunch
16-The Incredible Hulk
17-The Dukes of Hazzard
18-Perfect Strangers
19-Sanford & Son
20-Chico & The Man
21-The Love Boat
22-Fantasy Island
23-The Monkees
24-The Mickey Mouse Club (Before 1990)
25-Davey Crockett
26-Dark Shadows
27-All In The Family
28-Mystery Science Theater 3000
29-The Jeffersons
30-Lidsville
31-Far-Out Space Nuts
32-The Snorks
33-Barney Miller
34-Kojak
35-Quincy
36-The Odd Couple
37-The Greatest American Hero
38-Wonder Woman
39-The Great Space Coaster
40-Isis
41-The Pink Panther
42-Tony Orlando and Dawn
43-Flip Wilson
44-Perry Mason
45-Knight Rider
46-The Wiggles (my 11 month old turned me into a fan!)
47-The Hoobs (see above)
48-The Krofft Super Show
49-Ren & Stimpy
50-Batman (Adam West and Burt Ward...classic)

And there you have it, not alot of Award winners, but my personal favorites.)

anytimepally

Reaction score
Here are 36.. keep in mind I haven't owned a television for a few years.. these aren't in any order, except the first twelve or so are better than the others.. and Fraggle Rock and Bullwinkle would really be 1-2 if I were ranking:

Fraggle Rock
Bullwinkle
Tales From the Darkside
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Twilight Zone
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
Titus
Hustle
Sanford & Son
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Monk
Bonanza
Sesame Street
The Muppet Show
Boston Legal
He-Man & the Masters of the Universe
Poirot
The Pink Panther Show
Silverhawks
Thundercats
Benson
Sports Night
The Boondocks
Star Trek
Sealab 2021
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.
Batman
Homicide: Life on the Street
Married... With Children
Battlestar Galactica (the Original)
I Love Lucy
The Andy Griffith Show
The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne
The Cosby Show
The Wonder Years

Drtooth

Reaction score
This thread is from about six years ago. Would you believe I still can't get over the fact they put "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on there. I gotta be the only one in the universe that doesn't like that show. No thank you.

dabauckham

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't watch a lot of TV (lotta junk on and I don't have cable), but here goes.

In no particular order:

Twin Peaks (this is probably my favorite show ever, not very muppety I know, but a brilliant dark, weird, comic masterpiece, at least the first season is)

Sesame Street
The Simpsons
The Muppet Show
Fraggle Rock
Desperate Housewives
Between the Lions
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Whose Line is it Anyway?
American Idol (sometimes...)
Old Saturday Night Live (and some newer bits)
The Dave Chapelle Show

Looking at anytimepally's list, I realized my very serious deletion of THUNDERCATS!
The Wonder Years and the old Twilight Zone episodes are pretty great as well.

Also, I have the feeling that I would kind of love The Carol Burnett show, but have only seen bits. Any opinions on this?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This thread is from about six years ago. Would you believe I still can't get over the fact they put "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on there. I gotta be the only one in the universe that doesn't like that show. No thank you.
I used to feel the same way. Have you watched a few Buffys in sequential order? The writing is sharp. It is intended to be campy and often makes fun of itself. It would definitely go in my mid-top 50 along with The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, I Love Lucy, Law & Order, Gilmore Girls, Invader Zim, AbFab, Murder she Wrote, Batman the Animated Series, Veronica Mars, Sports Night, Family Guy, X-Files, Mr. Bean and many others that escape my attention at the moment.

The thing about these lists is that they are created to sell issues so people can agree and disagree with them. It's lazy writing and a cheap ploy by entertainment mags to sell issues. These lists are usually riddled with modern programs that will soon fade while other more classic programming is overlooked.

Buffy, however, is not one of them. The fact that it changed networks had little to do with popularity and more to do with salaries and budget constraints. There is actually a very popular "season 8" in graphic novel form right now selling like crazy! Word is that there will eventually be a theatrical release (not associated with the 90s movie of course). I have the whole DVD series and I'll tell you it's one of the most solid shows I've ever seen.

By the way, Joss Whedon is creating a new program for Fox titled "Dollhouse" staring Eliza Duskhu (known for playing Buffy's friend Faith) as a spy whose memory is erased and recreated with each mission. Could be good, could fizzle. We'll see. He does have a solid network commitment so it won’t immediately go the way of many other Fox shows.

Sorry to bump your old thread, but once it's out there it's out there and fair game! :embarrassed:

Skye

Reaction score
That makes three of us at least! :wink:
And here's four of us, lol! :big_grin: I'm sorry, but Buffy's just not a show I can personally get into.

50 is really a lot. I'm not sure I could name that many shows as my faves. I'm not even sure I could name 10 shows that I consider to be the greatest of all time. I don't watch enough TV, and I'm insanely (and too) picky, lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well said. I haven't watched too much network tv in years. There is not much there that really appeals to me anymore. Most of the time I find something more valuable and worthwhile on cable. :smile:
I have to agree and say that I feel the exact seem way you do. Theres just not much at all that appeal to me anymore on network TV let alone cable.

And I'm the exact same way when it comes to TV. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing what I like and watch on Television.