Sesame Street Season 49 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
God, I wish those figures were released though
The Count (moderator) owns the prototypes -- I tried to get him to post some pictures, but no dice.

I also emailed Ken Lily about some painted Count and Bert prototypes I saw in the back of one of his pictures but the same result.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The Count (moderator) owns the prototypes -- I tried to get him to post some pictures, but no dice.

I also emailed Ken Lily about some painted Count and Bert prototypes I saw in the back of one of his pictures but the same result.
I think I remember hearing that series two would’ve done numbers. And they would switch off and every other wave.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me or does Peter feel more comfortable for the role of Ernie than Billy was?
That's true, but it could also be that Peter is just generally more comfortable puppeteering/being on the show altogether.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder if Billy didn’t really fit in with the crew. He left on his own terms

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Tbh, I never really "felt" Billy's Ernie so to speak. I don't know, he always felt kind of awkward - you can certainly tell that Peter is the more comfortable puppeteer overall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Puppeteering is not as easy as it looks, and Billy was more of a voice actor than he was a puppeteer anyway - both great talents, but not always interchangable.

Kind of like Paul Rugg: he was great as the voice of Freakazoid, but as a puppeteer, his lip syncing didn't always match the syllables that were being said. He'd close the mouth on the syllable, and open it inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.