Muppet Film and TV References

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
On 30 rock last night, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) and her new boyfriend Carol (Matt Damon) are talking about things they love and one of them is "When Muppets present awards"

Frogster

Reaction score
This kinda counts, but Katy Perry wore a revealing Elmo shirt on a Bronx Beat sketch with Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I think Jim would be disappointed... not because of the sketch, but the true story material they used for it. Sorry, but Kevin Clash and everyone else on set that day had plenty of time to say something.

Frogster

Reaction score
Labyrinth was mentioned by Carl on Family Guy tonight, and he also said that Jennifer Connelly's hands are like a bag of snakes.

BTW really great episode, I loved how they included everyone from the show.

hoopless

Reaction score
Watched an episode of Robot Chicken earlier tonight and they did a huge sketch at the end of the show about remaking The Dark Crystal to appeal to todays youth and told the story in the form of a gangster rap video. It was incredible and very funny, including the Podling DJ. The at the end the producer type characters stood by a picture of Jim and said something along the lines of "we've failed you Jim" before poisoning themselves.

hoopless

Reaction score
Episode 3 of The Walking Dead they're talking about catching frogs to eat and say you'll be glad to have Kermit legs when we run out of food, to which the reply is "I'd rather eat Miss Piggy"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehehe, The O'Reilly Factor on FOX News just played a brief clip of "Together Again" from Muppets Take Manhattan. It was referring to O'Reilly making his latest appearance on David Letterman, lol.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I apologize if anybody has said either of these, but I caught these two references while watching Glee:

Kurt Hummel: We're as menacing as Muppet Babies.

Kurt: You know, when you call me "lady", that's bullying and very hurtful.
Sue Sylvester: I'm sorry, I thought that was your name. As an apology I'll allow you to choose from the following nicknames: Gelfling, Porcelain, and Tickle Me Dough Face.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
As I'm sure you can attest, Gelfling would be an awesome nickname! Cool find! Especially for the Muppet Babies reference- they can be menacing. Don't make them open a can of imagination on you!:stick_out_tongue::wink::smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
On last night's new episode of The Big Bang Theory the gang was dressing up as the Justice League for a New Year's Eve costume party and when Penny wouldn't go as Wonder Woman, Sheldon suggests they just go as the Muppet Babies instead.

Raj: "The Muppet Babies? Again? Okay, fine, but I get to be Kermit."
Sheldon: "No, no, no. I'm Kermit. You can be... Scooter."
Raj: "No, not Scooter! Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait- what is that supposed to mean? Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies? Really now, that is a tired old joke. Aquaman does more than just talk to fish, you know. He has mental telepathy with them so he commands marine life like jellyfish to sting people or whales and sharks to eat people and aid him in other ways. He's also incredibly strong underwater and fast when swimming. And he's King of Atlantis and generally doesn't care much for surface-dwellers but he deals with amiably enough when he feels like it.
I've always liked him pretty well along with all the other Justice League of America members. (Okay and most DC and Marvel superheroes in general.)
And what's with cracking on Scooter? Scooter's cool- he was obviously one of the smartest of the Muppet Babies considering that he was doing computer programming at the age of like 3.:wink:
-Okay, sorry- just had to say that.:smile: