Why don't fans support Muppet Babies merchandise?

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity....
I've got Muppet Babies coming out the wazoo. Something most I've talked to have never hear of...something someone isn't telling me?

:confused: :frown:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Re: Why Don't We Suport "Muppet Babies" merchandise?

Originally posted by muppet_fan_1
Just out of curiosity....
I've got Muppet Babies coming out the wazoo.

:confused: :frown:
You should really go to the Doctors!

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
well yes I suppose, the babies litterly coming out of my wazoo can be a bit uncmofortable...but thats not the issue at hand.:big_grin:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Muppet Babies

I believe that have stated that they are focusing on the classic Muppets thrus avoiding the Muppet Babies, which is strange because they had a ton of collectibles such as the Mcdonalds' toys and stuff animals. I wonder if they would put Muppet Babies under the Muppet World collection page.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Muppet Babies

Originally posted by Bean Bunny
I believe that have stated that they are focusing on the classic Muppets thrus avoiding the Muppet Babies, which is strange because they had a ton of collectibles such as the Mcdonalds' toys and stuff animals. I wonder if they would put Muppet Babies under the Muppet World collection page.
I think Phil stated somewhere (and I could be way off base) that they didn't include Muppet Babies stuff because of the sheer volume of items produced. The same goes for S.Street.

Muppet Babies stuff almost saturated the market. At the height of their popularity, everyone had "Baby" merchandise. From Disney Babies, to Strawberry Shortcake Babies, it seemed every toy line and cartoon character was turned into a baby. (I was always holding out for G.I. Joe Babies)

Most of this stuff has been discredited by the majority of collectors for a number of reasons. Among the many reasons were the vast numbers of stuff that came out (from diapers and bibs to stuffed animals and electronic keyboards), to the sheer numbers of each item produced (thats why Muppet Babies stuff is easier to find then other Muppet collectibles. Production runs of most items were huge). Of course, there are some more sought after items. Most revolve around Baby Skeetor stuff.

I don't know if Phil will ever include Muppet Babies stuff in the Muppet Central listing, or if Kermitage.com will either.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys

One of the reasons people dont like the Muppet Babies isd because it made people forget the Classic Muppets, and now when they think 'Muppet' They think "oh yeah, Childrebns cartoon!".

Another reason is bad Animation, I actually like it myself, And have collected a lot of stuff !

See ya

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
YES! I completley agree! I think I may have stated that before...that when you say "Muppets" The majority of peole instantly thnk "That cute lil cartoon..." A bit upsetting, but with some people, Muppet babies opened their eyes to the Classic Muppets. I myself in my entire collection have quite a few Muppet Babies Collectibles but with these previous statements, not sure if they're even collectibles...:frown:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Muppt Fan 1,

Anything can be a Collectable, Aslong as someone collects it.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
YA KNOW, YOU'RE RIGHT. i'M GOIGN TO CONTINUE TO COLLECT anything RELATING TO THE mUPPETS. "(EXCEPT SESAME STREET THINGS UNLESS INVOLVING KERMIT.) And hopefully, sometime in the not-so-distant-future there is a website out there that supports that as well and lists all the Muppet Baby items also.:big_grin:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
I agree in regards to the large quantity of Muppet babies stuff being released. there would be too much to list! but I was thinking,..why not focus on the rarer stuff? For instance, I have a Baby Rowlf plush from overseas that looks just like he did in MTM!:smile: