What are your stories?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I grew up with 90's SS. I'm a highschool student. I love cartoons. I love (quite a bit of) heavy metal and also adore Aussie rock. I like writing songs. I am a self-confessed geek. I'm a MASSIVE art/music nerd. I am a Kiss fanatic.
And I am AUSSIE!

*Twilight Zone music*

Dude. That ish awesome, you rock!

By the way, Yva. I LOVE the pics. And I also love Johnny Depp's jacket. Tails, right? I have some black tails, they're real oldies. :big_grin:
AWESOME! *digital High-five*:insatiable:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yaaaaaay! *Dances in a Fraggley manner*

pubba

Reaction score
I found this forum when looking for information on a Kermit puppet that I bought on eBay. Then I came back when I had some spare time and Im hooked!
Age : 36 so I guess im lucky to have grown up with the muppets and seeing the movies and stuff when they hit the big screen. Good times!
I use puppets when I teach and have also used them with great success when working with Autistic children. Puppets are timeless and its wonderful to see younger people on here sharing the same passion as me :smile:
My dream : To go to Muppetfest in the USA!

Kiki

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Pubba! :excited: Hope you have a splendid time here, I'm sure you will! :smile:

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i've just been reading this thread & i've gotta say, i think it's way cool that the muppets are so timeless that people from their teens to their 40s who have such diverse non-muppet interests all have fun here.

about moi...i'm a graduate student in history, studying european empires in the seventeenth century. they've beaten academic writing into me so thoroughly that i've noticed even my posts are long-winded, exhibit overanalysis of small details, and often have passable grammar. sigh. i'd be wound *way* too tightly if it weren't for the muppets! (but my advisor is cool--he's from spain and is a lot like :rolleyes: okay.)

i've always appreciated SS's music & humor, but i only became *OBSESSED* with it in february, due in part to academic burnout (i've been in school since 1989! get me out!), plus a bad cold that had me in bed for a few days. 'cause i always watched ss when i was sick in bed. but now i don't have a tv, so that's when i discovered classic clips on youtube and then discovered the mc forum, and now i'm a total junkie. :attitude: *sam glares at me for procrastinating on mc instead of grading my students' essays* but sam, i have fun here! :attitude: ok ok...i'll get back to work...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! That means you have been in school as long as The Simpsons have been on the air...:wisdom: :search: :stick_out_tongue:

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Wow! That means you have been in school as long as The Simpsons have been on the air...
wow. guess so...and school jumped the shark in the late 90s, too... as marge said: "don't make fun of graduate students, bart, they just made a bad life choice"

now that i think about it...i watched sesame street, then i went to school for 19 years (so far), and now i'm back to sesame street which teaches all the most important things anyway :wisdom:

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey StreetScenes!
Welcome to the forum!

Wow... 19 years in school? I'm only nearly up to 10 years! :wisdom: I say congrats!

Hope you enjoy the forum! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I am getting up to 19 or so years myself. Odd how things work out.
Wow! that is a long time to be in school! I was only there for at least seventeen and still have some years to go to finish... :wisdom: