Some people are so closed minded

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
LOL. Nerd and proud of it!
Hehe, well you know it reminds me of when I was in 5th grade and a guy came to our school to encourage us to read more. He told everyone to go home that night and read one book and report back the next day.

I'm a big Star Trek fan and at the time I was actually reading an old copy of Leonard Nimoy's book I Am Not Spock. The next day the guy came back and asked us all what we read. Most kids said "Babysitters Club" (Ugh!). But when he got to me I said, "Leonard Nimoy's autobiography!" : D Lol

You could tell all the grown ups were freaked out, lol. And the kids naturally thought I was weird. :wink:

I don't just pick up any book and read it, but I'm very open to reading on topics I enjoy. I guess I was more of a nonfiction person than adults expect kids to be at that age. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you guys can believe this, halfway through Grade 3, we all actually got into Teletubbies; though I think it was kind of like what Pufnstuf did for college kids back in the day... in this case, the Teletubbies were aimed and targeted at the little kiddies, but something about the weirdness and the absurdity of it all somehow appealed to the slightly older kids as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you guys can believe this, halfway through Grade 3, we all actually got into Teletubbies; though I think it was kind of like what Pufnstuf did for college kids back in the day... in this case, the Teletubbies were aimed and targeted at the little kiddies, but something about the weirdness and the absurdity of it all somehow appealed to the slightly older kids as well.
Yeah my friends and I are kinda like that now with Spongebob, lol. Couldn't stand the Teletubbies, but I won't judge since I didn't like it when people did it to me. :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I don't just pick up any book and read it, but I'm very open to reading on topics I enjoy. I guess I was more of a nonfiction person than adults expect kids to be at that age. :smile:
I mostly stick to reading fantasy-type books (Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, etc.). Labyrinth and Dark Crystal are pretty much what truly got me interested in the Muppets again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mostly stick to reading fantasy-type books (Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, etc.). Labyrinth and Dark Crystal are pretty much what truly got me interested in the Muppets again.
That's cool, somehow it all fits together. :wink:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Desperate Housewives is a sitcom? I never could tell, I thought it was supposed to be a drama.

But then again, I always thought Boston Legal was supposed to be a sitcom...

There's something wrong with today's marketing... DH promos make the show seem dramatic, while BL promos make the show seem comedic...
Oh whatever, I get the name sitcom confused to mean a regular TV show sometimes... XD I'm old.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To this day, I contend the show was only popular because it was ironic. People watched it ironically because of the Jerry Falwell nonsense (if he kept his mouth shut, no one would have watched, and it would have been a flop) and the fact that it was so psychedelic. I remember a Robotman and Monty comic strip where Monty was eating all the loose poppy seeds at the bottom of a bag of bagels (the Bagel), listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and watching Teletubbies.

Anyway, there's a difference between growing out of something and just generally losing interrest (what it sounds like Snowth is talking about). That happens to me a lot. If something isn't keeping a franchise going, than it becomes nostalgic at best. Until I found out about a TV special, I was completely out of TMNT for a while this year. Show was canceled and all.

Shade601

Reaction score
Actually its not specifically a kid's show. It had no target audience. The behind the scenes bonus disc from Season 4 explains that it was the only show that was supposed to reach all ages. the ideas in it are ageless and timeless. it is a truly deep and emotional show. i'd prefer to call it a work of art. and besides, i loved the muppet show when i was a child, and that's mostly for adults. i didnt care for sesame street until i turned 25, and that's obviously for children. i think all three of these shows are just as intelligent as they need to be to reach anyone who opens their mind enough.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Something I just don't understand about my mother. She's been nagging me about watching Fraggle Rock lately. She tells me it's not normal for a guy in his 20's to be into a little kid's show. She thinks I need psyciatric help. Something she fails to realize is the magic of Fraggle Rock and how deep that show really is.
That's too bad. I think my mom (age 54) is glad that I'm such a big Muppet fan, because it allows her to enjoy it with me. She still considers Fraggle Rock to be one of the best shows on television!

-Murray