Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I was silly (and stupid and impatient) enough to buy that set. Disney should PLEASE release a DVD with EVERY SINGLE EPISODE BEING COMPLETE.

Can't emphasize that enough!

BJ

unclematt

Reaction score
I would love to see a complete set. I just dont think that there is the demand for it.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Right now on TVShowsonDVD.com, Muppet Babies are ranked 40th on unreleased, and 167th overall with 97% wanting a season set, 30% wanting a best of, and 20% wanting individual episodes. Almost 2,000 votes for the show, so I'm sure there's a demand for it.

Daniel

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
i wasnt a huge fan of MB but it might make a nice addition to my collection.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Ok, Tiny Toons(which I love and WILL try to own on DVD) was ranked 45th, and Freakazoid(also love but not as much as Tiny Toons) is ranked in the 50s for unreleased DVDs, but they are getting releases? What's up with that? Unless they wanna wait til ALL of the Muppet Show DVDs are out before they put the Muppet Babies, then Muppets Tonight out there. Don't ask me, I just thought that might be the reason.

Daniel

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It comes down to the same problem with Muppet Babies. Will copyright be a problem? Most episodes were full of movie and TV clips from a wide range of production companies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It comes down to the same problem with Muppet Babies. Will copyright be a problem? Most episodes were full of movie and TV clips from a wide range of production companies.
I've been doing some thinking and researching. I feel that they could at least have Best Ofs or single episodes or something.l Why? because not every episode features copywrited materials interspearced into the show. Especially in the later episodes, movie clips were nothing more than stock footage. maybe an occasional bit, like the Nintendo video game clips in "It's only Pretendo." As Gonzo said in one episode, refering to the fact they couldn't use clips from batman, "Are you nutz? Warner Brothers wanted a million dollars for a three second clip."

And I've said what i've said before...

Jeffery Scott would hit the roof if clips of the Three Stooges wouldn't be used (he's Moe's Grandson, after all), George Lucas has an excellent relationship with Henson and Disney (hense the theme park Star Wars Muppets), so he'd pull for Star Wars and Indiana Jones clips. Only thing that would be a problem is various other clips used from Columbia, in which Henson had a partnership with them in the 80's. Maybe some sitcom clips down the line would be hard to clear, but I feel they could do it.

They problably just don't want to. look how long it took them to release their own Disney Afternoon sets. And most of them are unfinished.