Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Drtooth

Reaction score
This thread NEEDS to be unstickied or it NEEDS to have a title change. There are no plans here now or in the foreseeable future for box sets one way or another. The conversation about it has become cyclical, and if any box sets pop up here and there, it's probably an unlicensed fake.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
But this is being proactive for whenever the Muppet Babies DVD box sets do come out!
(j/k- I see your point.) -Until it happens though, still waiting...:concern::boo::sleep:

Fraggline

Reaction score
I've seen box sets left and right online (well, almost), but since there hasn't been any news on Muppet Wiki or this forum that they've been released (also, a warning on Amazon.com), I guess it must all be a hoax. I sure would like to see one, though. It would be a nice break from watching it on YouTube (I'm grateful for it, though! It's my only Muppet Babies source at the moment).
But I wonder if, by the time that they are released, every Muppet fan will think it's a hoax as well!:crazy:
...well, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. There is always, always hope, as I believe (or at least try to).
:smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I've seen box sets left and right online (well, almost), but since there hasn't been any news on Muppet Wiki or this forum that they've been released (also, a warning on Amazon.com), I guess it must all be a hoax. I sure would like to see one, though. It would be a nice break from watching it on YouTube (I'm grateful for it, though! It's my only Muppet Babies source at the moment).
But I wonder if, by the time that they are released, every Muppet fan will think it's a hoax as well!:crazy:
...well, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. There is always, always hope, as I believe (or at least try to).
:smile:
Well it's probably not a hoax, they are just bootlegs, not official releases. I don't think we will ever see Muppet Babies released on DVD because of all the T.V. clips and things that were used throughout the show (like everytime they opened the closet in the nursery, etc.)

Fraggline

Reaction score
Well it's probably not a hoax, they are just bootlegs, not official releases. I don't think we will ever see Muppet Babies released on DVD because of all the T.V. clips and things that were used throughout the show (like everytime they opened the closet in the nursery, etc.)
Oh, I see. So people are pirating (forgive me if I'm using the wrong word; I'm not quite sure of the meaning) the episodes and selling them?
Well, in my opinion, there's only one thing to do --- start manufacturing more video players!:crazy:
p.s: is that a picture with you and Elmo?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Oh, I see. So people are pirating (forgive me if I'm using the wrong word; I'm not quite sure of the meaning) the episodes and selling them?
Well, in my opinion, there's only one thing to do --- start manufacturing more video players!:crazy:
p.s: is that a picture with you and Elmo?
Exactly, I go to a lot of movie conventions and people have dealers tables with a lot of bootlegged series that are not yet on IMDB. Muppet Babies is actually a big one, along with the original Beatles cartoons from the 60s.

Yes, indeed that is me with Elmo when I met Kevin Clash and the little red guy at one of Kevin's book signings gosh about 3, 4 years ago now in NYC.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Exactly, I go to a lot of movie conventions and people have dealers tables with a lot of bootlegged series that are not yet on IMDB. Muppet Babies is actually a big one, along with the original Beatles cartoons from the 60s.

Yes, indeed that is me with Elmo when I met Kevin Clash and the little red guy at one of Kevin's book signings gosh about 3, 4 years ago now in NYC.
Wow. I'm pretty sure it isn't right to bootleg though I almost wish I could buy a copy. :3

And that's so neat! Did you at all feel nervous meeting Elmo and his performer? I know my sister probably would --- she's the one who didn't lose all her interest in Sesame Street when we were growing up. I often daydream of meeting Muppet people, and when I got an email from Jocelyn Stevenson (whom I really admire), I was pretty shaky.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Wow. I'm pretty sure it isn't right to bootleg though I almost wish I could buy a copy. :3

And that's so neat! Did you at all feel nervous meeting Elmo and his performer? I know my sister probably would --- she's the one who didn't lose all her interest in Sesame Street when we were growing up. I often daydream of meeting Muppet people, and when I got an email from Jocelyn Stevenson (whom I really admire), I was pretty shaky.
It's certainly not right to bootleg, but unfortunately people do it and until the movie/T.V. studios that have produced all these things give us official DVD releases, people are going to continue bootlegging them. :frown:

On another note, I wasn't too nervous meeting Kevin Clash because I had met him once before this, but I am often nervous meeting my favorite celebrities, and that includes Muppet related people who I've had the honor of meeting many over the years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's certainly not right to bootleg, but unfortunately people do it and until the movie/T.V. studios that have produced all these things give us official DVD releases, people are going to continue bootlegging them. :frown:
That's what gets me. Muppet Babies definitely has a rights issue with all those clips, and if we were going to get an official release, we'd have three problems... to secure those rights, the sets may be expensive, the episodes may be edited in obvious and unwatchable ways, or we only get a best of with episodes that have no copyrighted clips in them.

Of course, I can't abide by bootlegging, but I'd rather see my stuff live on through illegal copies I don't get paid for than having some greedy and or incompetent studio head sitting their big butts on it and me not getting paid for it either while having it slip into obscurity. And that's, sadly, the only way to get certain programs... piracy. I'm sure a lot of angry fanboys would like to get a Warner Bros exec and a Fox exec into a room and lock the door until they come to an agreement with 60's Batman.

Again, i can't condone this, but sometimes these companies have these things coming by refusing to negotiate things, or refusing to complete a series that was partially released. You made a commitment, we want the goods.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
That's what gets me. Muppet Babies definitely has a rights issue with all those clips, and if we were going to get an official release, we'd have three problems... to secure those rights, the sets may be expensive, the episodes may be edited in obvious and unwatchable ways, or we only get a best of with episodes that have no copyrighted clips in them.

Of course, I can't abide by bootlegging, but I'd rather see my stuff live on through illegal copies I don't get paid for than having some greedy and or incompetent studio head sitting their big butts on it and me not getting paid for it either while having it slip into obscurity. And that's, sadly, the only way to get certain programs... piracy. I'm sure a lot of angry fanboys would like to get a Warner Bros exec and a Fox exec into a room and lock the door until they come to an agreement with 60's Batman.

Again, i can't condone this, but sometimes these companies have these things coming by refusing to negotiate things, or refusing to complete a series that was partially released. You made a commitment, we want the goods.
Oh I totally agree, Dr. Tooth. Batman is another great example. Like I've said in some of my other posts about DVDs around here on the board, when they originally produced these shows, unfortunately they never thought about down the road that people might want to own/see these again and what that would entail legally and therefore never got the proper rights, etc. squared away from the get go. It sucks I know :frown: