Sababa Mokey Plush and Fraggle UNO

Jamesman

Reaction score
When I got Season 1, I was surprised to see Fraggle Uno listed, as I'd never known it existed/was being made. Heck, I work in a toy store, and a few months ago was my first exposure to Muppets Uno (ONE in the entire store; I bought it).

How safe and reliable is entertainmentearth.com? I've never heard of them until this thread, and I can't find any information about the site (reviews, opinions, etc). I'm all for trying to get my hands on Fraggle Uno (Amazon doesn't have it indefinitely out of stock), but I don't wanna subject myself to a questionable site. Any information would be appreciated.

Foodie

Reaction score
I love Entertainment Earth. I buy Star Wars stuff from them all the time. ... and Fraggle stuff when they have it. I got my Fraggle UNO games from 'em without any trouble. :smirk:

Nick

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
mokeyfraggle said:
I contacted Sababa about Mokey and this is the response I got:

>>>>
Unfortunately, we are unable to produce Mokey at this time.

Thank you for your interest in Sababa Toys.

Best,
Amy Keys
Sababa Toys
amy@sababatoys.
>>>>

So maybe we should start a campaign to get them to release Mokey?

Heather
I guess they have to go through Mokey's agent in order to be able to produce products in her likeness!

Dang red tape.. :wink:

Jamesman

Reaction score
Foodie said:
I love Entertainment Earth. I buy Star Wars stuff from them all the time. ... and Fraggle stuff when they have it. I got my Fraggle UNO games from 'em without any trouble. :smirk:
Thank you for your input. It's just really hard to know who is a reputable online service, and who is a third-rate junk store of questionable security. I'll definitely consider buying from them, but it SEEMS like Amazon is expecting more Fraggle Uno to be available through them at some point. So I might hold off for a bit; $13 seems a bit high, considering I bought my Muppets Uno for $5 (before my employee discount).

CoOKiE

Reaction score
well to answer alot ov questions...

Iv seen both Sesame Street and Fraggle UNOs... Fraggle can be found at Newburrys and SS i found at FYE (For Your Entertainment)

Mokey pics arnt up simply because they just started. She wont be out till about Summer they said... so expect some time first

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread,

but today I decided "let me buy my fraggle dolls" so I started searching and discovered that there was no Mokey.

?

How any company could conceive of a fraggle set and not include Mokey baffles the mind, but anyway...

so I found this thread. But then it seems that the company dropped the plans after all?

Huh?

Any other news or source? I'll get the first 4 fraggles but, sigh, Mokey is MY FAVORITE so it's a bitter-sweet purchase...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread,

but today I decided "let me buy my fraggle dolls" so I started searching and discovered that there was no Mokey.

?

How any company could conceive of a fraggle set and not include Mokey baffles the mind, but anyway...

so I found this thread. But then it seems that the company dropped the plans after all?
David, my man... take a walk with me. I got a lot of things to tell you...

If a toy company makes a prototype, it does not necisarrily mean that they're goint to make it in their line up. it has quite a bit to do with retail orders and stuff like that. Clearly Sababa wanted to make a Mokey, but the retailors didn't want to sell it.

Similar things happen. Playmates is a toy company that has a rich history of making prototypes that never get made into molds. I still morn the loss of a Darkwing Duck line Gizmoduck figure. But if the toys don't sell, the retailors won't pick up more orders, and there's no reason to press on further. Don't make me get into Muppets Series 10 or the Sesame Street line (which is more complicated, since a small run of the figures was made as a test).

So we won't get a Mokey just yet. Maybe if the movie presses on further Sababa will renew the licence, or someone else will, and we'll have Fraggle Merchandise by the time the film comes out.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
And anyone in their right mind will pray for another company to pick it up!

Ok ok... they DID make good plushes. I have to say they are the best. And even tho i never had a problem, some have complained that the plushes hair falls out too easily...

... but they never released anything Mokey. And you think since they didn't with the 10" plushes, they'd fix that with the larger ones... but they didnt. They shoulda released her first before Wembley or Red, with the larger ones, seeing that they didn't with the smalled ones.

ok ok so i get it.. my reasons for not likin them arn't valid... but grrrness!