These are a few of my favorite things...

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol. I will listen to just about everything you will, and some harder stuff (Black Metal). I listen to New wave, Aussie rock and Just about everything else (except for most rap, and some country:wink:)
Metally goodness for the soul! My friend and myself love metal, I like a lot of 80's metal stuff, and recent stuff and those little metal bands you don't hear much about.
My fave music genre is rock, But I don't like rap, modern pop and hip-hop. *Gags* Don't mind some country though, but the good stuff, like Johnny Cash and those country-esque bands like Eagles.
Sorry. I get carried away when it comes to music. :embarrassed:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Metally goodness for the soul! My friend and myself love metal, I like a lot of 80's metal stuff, and recent stuff and those little metal bands you don't hear much about.
My fave music genre is rock, But I don't like rap, modern pop and hip-hop. *Gags* Don't mind some country though, but the good stuff, like Johnny Cash and those country-esque bands like Eagles.
Sorry. I get carried away when it comes to music. :embarrassed:
I know the feeling. Modern pop is horrible. They have a person who does everything for the 'artist',from writing songs, to dance moves and so all the person ever does is lip-sync and make money! It's stupid. In Europe decent bands make the top 50 on a regular basis, to quote Children of Bodom guitarist Alexi Laiho "Back in Finland A metal band like Nightwish is just as likely as Britney Spears to top the charts"

Kiki

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Modern pop is horrible. They have a person who does everything for the 'artist',from writing songs, to dance moves and so all the person ever does is lip-sync and make money! It's stupid. In Europe decent bands make the top 50 on a regular basis, to quote Children of Bodom guitarist Alexi Laiho "Back in Finland A metal band like Nightwish is just as likely as Britney Spears to top the charts"
SO true! Today a heckuva lotta muso's just... don't play music for music's sake. It's disgracful, really. Modern pop is scary. Most of the mainstream stuff, anyway. Half of the girls in my year, when I tell them I like rock (even the really soft stuff) they're like, "that stuff is too agressive, it has electric guitar in it" (?). Either that, or they're like, "I love rock. Avril Lavigne and Mika are awesome!" *shudders*

Oh, and I love Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom. :flirt: Nice hair, and amazing blue eyes. Oh, and his music is great, too. :wink: Hey, you live in Aus- right? Do you get Hammer magazine? The current issue has a really awesome-looking DVD... I might get it tomorrow...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oh, and I love Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom. :flirt: Nice hair, and amazing blue eyes. Oh, and his music is great, too. :wink: Hey, you live in Aus- right? Do you get Hammer magazine? The current issue has a really awesome-looking DVD... I might get it tomorrow...
DVD..oooohhh shiny..
I Worship Children of Bodom, And I can play the song Are You Dead Yet? the whole way on the guitar:big_grin:
Lol. Most of my friends listen to novelty kinda stuff, but some listen to Classic rock, and others listen to metal. It's funny, because you can't mention the band "Bon Jovi" Without somebody bursting into "You give love a bad name"

Kiki

Reaction score
DVD..oooohhh shiny..
I Worship Children of Bodom, And I can play the song Are You Dead Yet? the whole way on the guitar:big_grin:
Lol. Most of my friends listen to novelty kinda stuff, but some listen to Classic rock, and others listen to metal. It's funny, because you can't mention the band "Bon Jovi" Without somebody bursting into "You give love a bad name"
Hahaha, vair true. Including me *raises hand* Most of my friends listen to metal, classic rock or indie stuff. My friend "Wolfie" loves hard rock and metal. Her fave's are Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, Motley Crue, Gun's n' Roses, Bon Jovi, but she also likes more "old school" bands like The Doors and Black Sabbath.

That is so cool that you can play Are You Dead Yet on the guitar! The WHOLE thing? Suh-weeeeet. :big_grin:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Hahaha, vair true. Including me *raises hand* Most of my friends listen to metal, classic rock or indie stuff. My friend "Wolfie" loves hard rock and metal. Her fave's are Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, Motley Crue, Gun's n' Roses, Bon Jovi, but she also likes more "old school" bands like The Doors and Black Sabbath.
I would listen to anything she would, with the exception of Cannibal Corpse and Metallica, Neither of which I really like.
I read a review of the new Cradle of Filth CD and it said that "Singer Dani Filth sounds somewhere between Cookie monster with a razor in his throat and Chris D of horror punk band "The Flesh Eaters":insatiable:

Kiki

Reaction score
I would listen to anything she would, with the exception of Cannibal Corpse and Metallica, Neither of which I really like.
I read a review of the new Cradle of Filth CD and it said that "Singer Dani Filth sounds somewhere between Cookie monster with a razor in his throat and Chris D of horror punk band "The Flesh Eaters":insatiable:
Yeah, I'm not into Cannibal Corpse, either. I'm not even a fan of the name. :stick_out_tongue: But I must admit, I do like Metallica, but not as much as my brother, he's obsessed!

LOL! Where did you hear that review? That's hi-lerious, though.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am slowly starting to like metallica. Its weird. Sometimes I hear one song by a band and practically worship them *cough*Bon Jovi*cough* and then others I hear and I'm like "ew" then after a while I start to like them. It happened with Greenday :stick_out_tongue:

Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction album was great. I have an AfD Cd from way back in 1987 (or whenever it came out). Its really scratchy, but it plays fine in our car. Its amazing how hard it is to find that cd, even in the current run of it. My dad just happened to come across it in a thrift store. :big_grin: