Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sofa's an actual company. I think it released the LONG OUT OF PRINT Muppet Magic DVD. I stress long out of print.

I've talked about this somewhere else before, but there ARE some companies that will add a "Contains Content from" disclaimer, or that will run ads on the side of the screen, but let people KEEP the videos up. At the very least, there are companies that will give you a friendly warning to take it down. When a small potatoes company gets so bitter that it pulls down EVERYTHING and kills someone's account, yet not offer it themselves or even get their own page to put it up in GOOD quality, it's just fan UN-friendly.

wiley207

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLYk77T9oAM

Someone uploaded the News Flash sketch about Sleeping Beauty's kiss. Even though this was recorded by being shot in front of a TV, this is the DVD version;unlike the official version on YouTube, it uses the 1986 News Flash title card instead of the original superimposed version! Was this an edit done for the DVD, or did SesameWorkshop use a late 1980s/early 1990s copy of the sketch?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLYk77T9oAM

Someone uploaded the News Flash sketch about Sleeping Beauty's kiss. Even though this was recorded by being shot in front of a TV, this is the DVD version;unlike the official version on YouTube, it uses the 1986 News Flash title card instead of the original superimposed version! Was this an edit done for the DVD, or did SesameWorkshop use a late 1980s/early 1990s copy of the sketch?
By the late-1980s (I believe) pretty much all Sesame Street News sketches were shown with the late-1980s opening logo on the show, regardless of whether that logo was originally used. Monsterpiece Theater also did this whenever a new opening was added (though I recall seeing a season 30 episode where the long "panning-around-the-room" Monsterpiece Theater logo was used, after I'd seen the thrid opening). At sesamestreet.org many Sesame Street News sketches are shown with their original logos, but there are some early ones shown with the replaced logo as well (including Humpty Dumpty and Rupunzel).

Both Sesame Street News sketches on the 40th anniversary DVD are shown with the late-1980s logo (I assume it wasn't originally on the Foot Snuggies segment, but I don't think any of us have access to a copy outside of the DVD, so I don't think any of us could check).

wiley207

Reaction score
Both Sesame Street News sketches on the 40th anniversary DVD are shown with the late-1980s logo (I assume it wasn't originally on the Foot Snuggies segment, but I don't think any of us have access to a copy outside of the DVD, so I don't think any of us could check).
The Foot Snugglies segment on YouTube has the mid 1970s/early 1980s News Flash logo, like when it first aired in 1980-1981. This version is somewhat identical to the 1986 logo but is a bit larger, and has two black stars and two yellow stars, instead of four yellow stars. CTW used this version from around 1974 up until 1984.

BTW, I referred to the newer one as the 1986 logo because that is when I recall it first came out, on the newer segments at the time. An interesting fact on the Humpty Dumpty sketch is, when it fades from the 1986 News Flash logo to the sketch, if you play it in slow-motion or freeze-frame it at the right point, you can partially see the original News Flash logo! Anyone else catch that?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Foot Snugglies segment on YouTube has the mid 1970s/early 1980s News Flash logo, like when it first aired in 1980-1981. This version is somewhat identical to the 1986 logo but is a bit larger, and has two black stars and two yellow stars, instead of four yellow stars. CTW used this version from around 1974 up until 1984.
I searched youtube and the only copy I could find was a copy taken from the DVD (which cuts out the behind-the-scenes photos shown over the first few seconds of the clip).

wiley207

Reaction score
I searched youtube and the only copy I could find was a copy taken from the DVD (which cuts out the behind-the-scenes photos shown over the first few seconds of the clip).
Was it THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tHaSNPGGyk

That version is indeed the one with the original 1970s News Flash logo intact. But when I meant YouTube I meant this Humpty Dumpty one, where if you look closely when it fades to Kermit and company, you can make out part of the old 1970s News Flash logo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWE3uF9u9-g

I think this was the version shown on Episode 2558 back in 1989, if I'm not mistaken.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop added a clip to youtube called Spring is Here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpVBZQTUNU

The clip is also at sesamestreet.org (I think it was just added but I don't kn ow for sure). The clip is interesting, I can't remember if I heard the full song before but a couple of clips are in the opening montage in Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how they're adding more foreign stuff. Hopefully, they'd be able to add dubbed clips, too. :smile:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I decided to put my Sesame Street videos to private

Because of copyright claim of Lionsgate Entertainment, I decided to put my Classic Sesame Street video clips to private. I do not want Lionsgate to banned my Youtube account.:boo::eek::mad: