Fellow Church People

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Priests do make the effort but not all are great at public speaking and I do think that needs to be taught more.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, some people not matter how many years they have been up there get nervous every time they go.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well to be honest it's not just nerves it's the structure. You can say a lot with few words and some don't realize that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just mean being nervous in general, not nervous that people will fall asleep on you or about what they are going to say. More of a case of stage fright. Some are better at getting peoples interest than others. Than again it depends on the individual and what interest them so it can be kind of thought with a multitude of people. Not every message is for everybody and their is a message for evry person at the same time.:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I know you meant stage fright. :smile: I'm just saying in my experience the problem is more not knowing how to structure.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh I know you meant stage fright. :smile: I'm just saying in my experience the problem is more not knowing how to structure.
I do get what you mean. That can problematic. :eek:

But It was listening to my old pastor the other day and he was talking about it and he was saying how he always felt that he was to dumb to be scared to go up there every week, lol!

It's just funny to me how you have have really good teachers and trainers somtimes to help you out with your life ambition or destination and still be be just as frightened as the day you started to go up and speak to the people.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But It was listening to my old pastor the other day and he was talking about it and he was saying how he always felt that he was to dumb to be scared to go up there every week, lol!
Haha! Yeah I mean if it's part of your job you do have to just shut up and do it sometimes, hehe. Especially with something so important. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Haha! Yeah I mean if it's part of your job you do have to just shut up and do it sometimes, hehe. Especially with something so important. :smile:
Indeed. But especially with something important, 'tis nice to have people one could count on if help is needed.