Fellow Church People

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't like going without you, but I think that needs to be one of the things we need to change.
Love you too, darling

I could not agree with you more I think that if at least one of us is in church on any givin Sunday(or Wensday for that matter) Our relationship will surly grow. Closer to God and to each other.

Hope Mills

Reaction score
Hi, folks,
I grew up Baptist, going to church every Sunday, and Wednesday. Here lately though, I'm not as faithful as I used to be. It's mostly because I'm not a member of a church, even though I'dlike to be. We only have one car, and if the fiance is working, then we don't have a ride to church. Anyway, just wanted to say hey.
Have a great day
Charlotte

Hello, friend! Welcome!
:smile:

Hope Mills

Reaction score
Well, I had hoped to spend more time on the forum tonight, but my husband is so needing ALL of my attention just now (the Arkansas Razorbacks won tonight after a two game losing streak, and there is like too much joy about the house now, screaming and yelling and whatnot :eek:; of course whenever I'm doing what I want to do, hubs has other plans for me :smile:). I so much love him!

Here is a bright ray of words of wisdom: Kind words and works we give will in memory live, and a great scripture reference for this principle is Proverbs 16:24.

Until I can find the time to visit again, I want you all to love one another. I leave you with my love.

Hope

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I myself Am a catholic; and I always find it stupid about people saying I am Sterotype "unholy person" because I like Heavy metal. To my satisfaction there is Plenty of good christian stuff out there. So tell 'em that!

Pork

Reaction score
I myself Am a catholic; and I always find it stupid about people saying I am Sterotype "unholy person" because I like Heavy metal. To my satisfaction there is Plenty of good christian stuff out there. So tell 'em that!
yes...I shall tell em that. Except...I think em already knows that.

Em: "sure do"

(sorry...totally random)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right on! :sing:

Being into Heavy Metal does not make you unholy. What matters is how you treat other people. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well the in the Independent Baptist "Religon" Heavy Metal, and every other type of music is frowned on. We take the verse (and when I say we I mean them) "Come out from among them and be ye seperate..." and the idea that when you become a Christian that you should become a new creatcer and old things should pass away. The churchs U have belonged to have nipcked on music, long hair somking drinking, and watching TV as a lot of things that would make us seperate.
Personaly, however I feel that God has to convict a person of whatever "sin" is in question, and not base what you change in your life based on just what you hear from the pulpit. You have a personal relationship with God, and by reading his word and talking with him he will show you how he wants you to live your life.
I look back at some of the messages and ideas I had as a young preacher boy, and think to myself what was I doing. I would preach that people whould need to worry more about the outwardly things we do, then preach about the matters of the heart of the beleiver. I realize now that to have a "Closer Walk with Jesus" is more inprotaint then what type of music you like.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Personaly, however I feel that God has to convict a person of whatever "sin" is in question, and not base what you change in your life based on just what you hear from the pulpit. You have a personal relationship with God, and by reading his word and talking with him he will show you how he wants you to live your life.
I do agree with you there. I myself find music the easiest way to express my spirituality. I even saw a Documentary video of a Genuine christian monk; singing of all things the song "Number of the Beast"; Proving that it's not what you do; but your relationship with "The Big G" that matters.:big_grin: