Fellow Church People

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well of course there's nothing wrong with being rich at all. But if rich people love money to the point that it has taken the place of God as the most important love in their hearts then they have made it their idol. They may not be criminals, but in such case the love of money has been the root of the evil of idolatry to them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I need prayer. I lost a friend in 2003, and i can't shake the feelings of emotion or the nightmares of him. I have prayed countless times, and i cant seem to shake them. Will you all please pray.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sure, and I hope things improve. Sometimes it just takes time. But prayers are always answered in some form. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thanks and i know your right but it has been years, and you would think that it would have paaed by now. Like on that show Rescue Me in season one Tommy see dead people he could not save, and went to church and asked God to make them go away, and they did. I think I'm kind of expecting the same thing. here lattley the dreams have gotten worse and I've been wakeing up feeling like i have been coaking. In the dream my freind convences me to hang myself with him. i can feel to rope comeing across my neck and closing my airways. It's scary to say the least.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well that's the kind of thing that's perhaps best discussed with a professional counselor or religious authority you trust.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks I have thought about doing that, but I don't want to because I doont't want to be labled as crazy. I did however find something very interesting on the net last night. I was doing some Googling and typed in Dreams, and I was typeing it there came up something called dream Dictionary. This people on this site have put deffinitoins of what people are dealing with in there lievs It's very interesting stuff when you think about it. I think that it has helped me with some of the things iI'm going through.

Here is the Website check it out it is really kind of interesting .

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to be worried about that too. But really, seeing a counselor for your emotional health is the same as seeing a doctor for a broken bone. But of course it's up to you. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My rare 2 cents about therapy or faith-based counseling.

You know I never post in this thread due to the fact I'm not particularly religious and it would open up a big can of worms (not friendly ones like Slimy worm). However it should be noted that I've sought counseling throughout my life - some of my therapists have been faith based including the current one. It really doesn't get in the way because the goals and perspective are forged in the first session. That and the fact that I prefer the perspective of someone with the belief in God (no matter who they believe it to be).

Anyway, dreams are usually the subconscious mind bugging us about something we haven't come to terms with. That or the spicy burrito eaten just before bed. Not a good idea on many levels. :embarrassed: Going to a neutral third party for guidance can really be helpful. Prayer can be too, but all too often people need guidance on exactly what to pray for and whether God is talking to them (which I believe can happen) or if they're just hearing their inner urges reflected back.

A good therapist is hard to find and some family members and/or friends might be uncomfortable with the idea of your sharing intimate life details that could include them, but the counselor is usually bound to not repeat the information in the session. I actually have psychiatrist friends and they tell me that they aren't interested discussing patients at all - just helping them. They really have heard it all before and then some.

A good counselor is a facilitator for your unique life path rather than an enforcer of their own agenda. There are many skilled people of all walks and price ranges. Expensive doesn't always mean better and some counseling is even offered free of charge.

If you really are in dire straits and need help or clarification ask the pastor at your local church or seek out the advice of trusted friends who have gone through issues. Admitting you need help and asking for it can be a difficult and brave thing to do.

Just my thoughts. Frog bless from the pseudo-heathen San Franciscan. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've sought counseling throughout my life - some of my therapists have been faith based including the current one. It really doesn't get in the way because the goals and perspective are forged in the first session. That and the fact that I prefer the perspective of someone with the belief in God (no matter who they believe it to be).
Exactly, you can do research beforehand to find counselors who respect personal beliefs and incorporate them into sessions, if necessary.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Tiss something to connsider I have had some what of a life that could have affected me to this day. I Try to just push it away, and try to make jokes. That has worked so far, but it could get to the point that i need to talk to someone. My mom has before and i think she still is, but I have kind of always been the strong one. Not saying that i was not affected by the things me and my family went though I just stayed strong. That may be some of the causes for some of this as well.