If they had mentioned David's death on the show

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I never knew that the actor who played David left to do other things, I thought he was still on the show when he died. They replaced Miles too? I thought he and Gabi are played by the same people since they first appeared on Sesame Street.
Know one said he left to do other things and he probably just quit since he wasn't well.

BEAR

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I never knew that the actor who played David left to do other things, I thought he was still on the show when he died. They replaced Miles too? I thought he and Gabi are played by the same people since they first appeared on Sesame Street.
No, there have been 3 actors play Miles and 2 play Gabriella in the series run. Miles was actually first played by Roscoe Orman's (Gordan) real life son, Miles. Then was played by Imani Patterson for a long while until a few years ago the role was taken over by Olimade Faison. Gabbi was first played by Sonia Manzano's (Maria) real life daughter Gabriella until she didn't want to be on the show anymore at the age of about 5 (I think). Since then, Desiree Casado has been playing the role. Hope that helps.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, there have been 3 actors play Miles and 2 play Gabriella in the series run. Miles was actually first played by Roscoe Orman's (Gordan) real life son, Miles. Then was played by Imani Patterson for a long while until a few years ago the role was taken over by Olimade Faison. Gabbi was first played by Sonia Manzano's (Maria) real life daughter Gabriella until she didn't want to be on the show anymore at the age of about 5 (I think). Since then, Desiree Casado has been playing the role. Hope that helps.
Whew! That's a lot of knowledge, that there be.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I always wondered what the reasons were behind the first Mr. Handford (Leonard Jackson) leaving the show. He was only on for one Season, and he always seemed very unhappy while on screen. But I just always figured that was the type of charachter he was to portray. Someone who is older and somewhat grouchy, like Oscar. But when the second Mr. Handford came along I noticed he was much more lively and ambitious.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It kind of wouldn't make sense to replace David since they wrote him out of the script.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
It kind of wouldn't make sense to replace David since they wrote him out of the script.
That statement doesn't really make sense. They could always have David either suddenly move back to Sesame Street or at least just come back to visit all his old friends every once in a while with a replacement actor.

If they had written his death into the script then of course it would make no sense at all to replace him.

Aleal

Reaction score
Olivia never visited. Linda never visits. I understand nostalgia, but seriously, we're talking about something from decades ago, and "Sesame Street" is hardly the first series to write out a character or even drop one without explanation, and that's the end of it.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
That statement doesn't really make sense. They could always have David either suddenly move back to Sesame Street or at least just come back to visit all his old friends every once in a while with a replacement actor.

If they had written his death into the script then of course it would make no sense at all to replace him.
He passed on a year later so let's leave it at that. How long are we going to drag this on?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I always wondered what the reasons were behind the first Mr. Handford (Leonard Jackson) leaving the show. He was only on for one Season, and he always seemed very unhappy while on screen. But I just always figured that was the type of charachter he was to portray. Someone who is older and somewhat grouchy, like Oscar. But when the second Mr. Handford came along I noticed he was much more lively and ambitious.
Yeah, that's what I hear about Hal Miller too. I guess the writers felt that some actors just weren't cutting it.

Olivia never visited. Linda never visits. I understand nostalgia, but seriously, we're talking about something from decades ago, and "Sesame Street" is hardly the first series to write out a character or even drop one without explanation, and that's the end of it.
Yeah. You'd think they would have at least mentioned Linda when Bob's neice Samara was introduced. I mean the characters in that ep knew her, so they should have understood more about deaf people. I mean sure Linda was seen in an insert in that ep, but there was nothing where she interacted with the characters or even any indication that she still lived on the street.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Your'e right Ken. If Linda is still being seen in inserts she's still on the show, in some form anyways. So therefore they should have made a reference to her. In 1980 when CPO and R2D2 made their visit. Big Bird made a refference to Sam the Robot. He said "you 2 are machines just like my friend Sam the Robot" Now at the time, Sam hadn't been on the show in 4 years. And that's just a little more time that it's been since Linda's been on the show. So they could have easily made a refference to Linda.