Do you love Muppets Tonight?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Please pardon me as this topic has probably been discussed plenty of times before but if Fozzie Bear or another moderator should happen to read this I was wondering recently if it hasn't already been done could there maybe be a poll here?

Something along the lines of say this:

A: I love Muppets Tonight
B: I can't stand Muppets Tonight
C: I could live with or without Muppets Tonight or in other words your opinion is borderline or neutral.

I just thought that would be a very interesting poll to run here.
What do you all think?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
(c) I never really liked the show that much, but at that time, it was "YAY! MUPPETS ARE ON TV!! IT'S SOMETHING TO WATCH!!" And that was honestly about it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well my choice is definitely A but you probably would have already guessed that on the basis of my username:wink:

I just hope the mods add the poll sooner or later. That would make this thread really most interesting:excited:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say C

for me it's like I would buy it on DVD if like a whole frist season of Muppets tonight, yeah I would buy that. But is it one I'm bugging for, nope not really. I would rather see all five seasons of the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock, frist.

Plus I would have to say C, because Muppets Tonight had a lot of Randy and Andy, and truth be told, they are the only Muppets that I don't like at all. There the Jar Jars of the Muppet world.

But I don't agree with the saying that Kevin Clash should only do Elmo, I mean Elmo will always be his biggest Muppet. But I found myself enjoying Kevin's other Muppets like Clifford. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a big Clifford fan, if I were to do a top 30 favorite Muppets list, he won't be on that list, but hey Clifford is a enjoyable character. Like I stated the only Muppets I don't like at all are Randy and Andy Pig, other than them I tend to like all Muppets. But hey that's just what I say, not everyone needs to agree with me.

Daylight

Reaction score
I did really enjoy watching Mupppets Tonight, but it was one of those shows that I'd kept forgetting it was on. (So I probably haven't seen half the episodes) It was fun because it was the Muppets and I certainly have some favorite skits and loved some of the characters, but it never really grabbed me the way a lot of the other Muppet projects do.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was enjoying the series but the television people here in Aust. never gave it a proper chance for it to become endeared in the hearts of Aussie muppet fans at all. :cry: They only showed eight episodes then took it off for awhile then showed four further episodes took it off again and finally showed one single episode and never showed it anymore.

And they didn't even broadcast the 13 episodes they did un cut:mad: Some of them were even missing the cold opening.

That really insulted me. At least Jim Henson original muppet show was faithfully broadcast un cut each season initially. And we even got to see the U.K. spots here down under.

Poor Brien Henson must have been terribly disappointed with the station in Australia in particular. I don't know what happened overseas but they handled it very disrespectfully here in my own country I have to say.

Elchippo

Reaction score
I'm saying A, though I don't think the show was executed properly. I think it was a lot like the Muppet Show but was trying not to be-and there lay its fallacy. The house band should have been the Mayhem as opposed to a lot of nameless nothing Muppets. I love Clifford, but didn't really like him as host. Pepe got better once he dropped Seymour the Circumcised elephant-what was the deal with his nose? i hated it. And I'll probably open up a can of worms here, but I can't stand Bobo. Being a huge Fozzie fan, i believe there is only room for one simple minded bear in the Muppet Kingdom.

And if steve Whitmire was working fulltime on the show anyways, why not have Kermit host like we all really wanted him to?

They did have good guest stars though- but many of them didn't have enough to do on their episodes.