Do you love Muppets Tonight?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
it was ok, but no where near The Muppet Show

Elchippo

Reaction score
Regarding Clifford as host, my guess is it just seemed to make sense: Rizzo was Steve's main character, Gonzo Dave's, Floyd Jerry's, Bill was new, Frank was part time, and Brian had no signature character. So no one had a main character who was really "host" material. And since Kevin was around and he performed Clifford, why not give it to him?

Even though I'm contradicting myself from an earlier post, Clifford as host seemed to really do very little on the show, at least compared to all that Kermit did hosting TMS. At least he had little bearing on the show as a whole. It probably was a "Let's try a newer generation of charcaters and see how they go off" but of course they didn't so much (except Pepe) which ultimately led to the show's lackluster success. People wanted the old charcaters.

Just a theory. What do you think?

Elchippo

Reaction score
PS to my previous post (forgot to add this): During "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" wasn't it weird to see Clifford randomly in the Muppet Theatre as if he had always been there?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'd go with (A) at least for the first season. I didn't see the second season eps since I didn't get Disney at the time. Hopefully, they'll release those on DVD or maybe at 'You Tube." They have a lot of good clips from the show there, so hopefully they'll put up an episode or two.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Do you really suppose they would put complete episodes up?
Would copyright laws allow them to go that far?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Loved it. Miss it.

I'm firmly in the hopeful camp for a dvd release!

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I loved it. It wasn't The Muppet Show, but it had alot of potential and shine to it. I hope we'll eventually see a DVD release.

KingFatJ

Reaction score
So you would say B right.

Not so much.
If I had to grade the show overall, It would be lower down the grading scale. The music didn't appeal to me, the skits rarely held my attention, and it just didn't have the same entertaining value for me that TMS did (and still does). Maybe more like a D. :sleep: