Weird and Neat Facts about Yourself

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*opens mouth to speak* ............ Darn it! I forgot. I guess it wasn't that interesting.

Oh! Got it again!

When I was about nine-ish, my parents let me watch The Truman Show. Very funny movie! But that's not the interesting part. You see, after I watched that, I was really paranoid that there were video cameras in all the mirrors in my house.

Also, (around the same time) my parents let me watch this special on - I think it's called Internal Combustion or something like that. Anyway, it's this thing where people burst into flames for no apparent reason. I was TERRIFIED that I would burst into flames at any moment. This went on for quite a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I know what that's like, when I was just a little itty bitty guy (maybe like two or so) when I saw Home Alone 2: Lost in New York for the first time (and of course being that young, I didn't remember what movie it was), the scene where Marv was trying to wash his hands then got electricuted so bad at one point he was rendered into a screaming skeleton freaked me out so much I was afraid I'd get eletricuted and turned into a skeleton as well for quite sometime.

And then years later when I was like eleven or so I saw the movie for the first time (that I had remembered) and then saw Marv being eletricuted and rendered into a skeleton I laughed and I laughed and I laughed so hard because I thought it was funny, and then I paused for a minute and it dawned on me that I remember being freaked out about that same scene when I was little and didn't know what movie it came from, and now here I am knowing it's from Home Alone 2 and I'm laughing about it made me laugh even harder.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
I'm afraid of ghosts. Any time I watch anything about ghosts or hauntings, I am freaked out for a couple days. I watched a Ghost Hunters marathon one weekend, and I slept with my light on. And I'm 30.:embarrassed: It's strange because no other horror movies scare me. Maybe it's the thought that ghosts actually exist. I guess I'm not really afraid of ghosts in general, just those ones that scratch people and mess with them.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm afraid of ghosts. Any time I watch anything about ghosts or hauntings, I am freaked out for a couple days. I watched a Ghost Hunters marathon one weekend, and I slept with my light on. And I'm 30.:embarrassed: It's strange because no other horror movies scare me. Maybe it's the thought that ghosts actually exist. I guess I'm not really afraid of ghosts in general, just those ones that scratch people and mess with them.
Ooooo i know what you mean. I sometime watch "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel and it's scares me half to death too. I can't watch any type of ghost movie by myself because i have to have all the lights on or it's bye bye me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had trouble sleeping for weeks after watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel about El Chupacabra last summer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we've been talking a lot about "weird" facts, BUT, it doesn't seem like anyone's mentioned a rather "neat" fact lately, so here's another one about me...

For a very short while (since late 2005 or so), I've been collecting Snapple bottle caps (because I LOVE Snapple Apple) for the "Real Facts" on the bottom of the caps. As of right now, I have a total of 38 random caps, but I know I have quite a ways to go because the bottom of one cap says "Real Fact #350"... sadly, I do believe I've hit a road block as all the local grocery stores only carry "Snapple Teas" right now, and I can't stand tea!

But yeah, and inspired by Ernie and Bert, I managed to get myself an empty cigar box to keep them in.

EDIT: Make that 37 random caps, I just went through all of them and discovered a double, so I tossed one.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I used to have an old Cigar box back when i would go over to my grandparents. Never really had anything in the box but it was a cool box to have.