Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I believe it was all for fun, not to see who has photographic skills or talent with a photo puppet. That's pretty much what MR was going for I guess. Also the giving the Kermit away was a last minute idea. Like I said, they where all good in there own rite, some different than others. I give them all credit for just having the fun of doing such a project. Not everyone is going to think like a Muppet and we all know that. The only ones you would think that would know that is us Muppet fans. I also enjoyed the stories to all his journeys that made the Kermit tour interesting as well. I enjoyed them all. It would make it really difficult if we didn't know about Muppets like we do. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I believe it was all for fun, not to see who has photographic skills or talent with a photo puppet. That's pretty much what MR was going for I guess. Also the giving the Kermit away was a last minute idea. Like I said, they where all good in there own rite, some different than others. I give them all credit for just having the fun of doing such a project. Not everyone is going to think like a Muppet and we all know that. The only ones you would think that would know that is us Muppet fans. I also enjoyed the stories to all his journeys that made the Kermit tour interesting as well. I enjoyed them all. It would make it really difficult if we didn't know about Muppets like we do. :wink:
What I'm saying is that if Memphis doesn't win, Toronto certainly shouldn't on the merits of the photos. There are better photo sets than that one. It does seem that they have a lot of online friends helping them out.

Yea, the quality of the pictures is better for Memphis, but Kermit and Kev seemed to have a lot more Muppety fun, great stories and exploited every opportunity for photos, locations etc. Also they make the product look very good instead of mediocre to bad as in the Toronto and other sets.

Are you an MR representative these days because it appears you speak for them on an official capacity when it comes to these matters? Companies are known to retain such people, that's why I ask. I don't believe MR to be one such company, but you never know. :smile:

It is cool they're giving the frog away. He deserves retirement after so much travel and use.

Luke

Reaction score
What I'm saying is that if Memphis doesn't win, Toronto certainly shouldn't on the merits of the photos. There are better photo sets than that one. It does seem that they have a lot of online friends helping them out.
It may have a lot to do with the fact you can sign up and vote on that forum without having to confirm email addresses or anything. Shennanigans, lol :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the votes and votes of confidence, gang. It means a lot and the compliments are very, very appreciated! I'm still shocked to see how many votes some areas are getting, and how they get ahead of our's. MC folk: Get your friends and family to go over and hit 'em up and vote for Memphis! PLEEEEASE!

We all had a ton of fun working on the photos and us Memphis folk hope that work was appreciated by others as well.

I've been myspace-ing and e-mailing and bugging the heck out of folks to go vote for us. My co-workers got involved, and some of my friends are getting their co-workers involved, too.

I saw that someone questioned how we suddenly got so many votes at the beginning of the week, but over the weekend I posted links everywhere I could asking for votes. Still pushing for them.

I noticed that some other photo sets have jumped up a BUNCH quickly, too.

I don't know if it is because of the puppetry work I do, or just because I'm one of those folks who HAS to see things represented properly, but I did make sure that Kermit looked happy and alive in every picture we took. I didn't want his mouth all skewered, and the shape he was in when he got here wasn't the best in the world--I had to clean him up. His fingers were in bad shape, too (not that you can tell it in the pictures).

Some of the other folks got to use a new Kermit, but we took a well used one and made him look like new. I hope that is a consolation to anyone thinking of voting other than Memphis.

Now that I've begged for more votes (I have no shame!):

off topic:
“Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa” is up for an award and needs votes! Written and Drawn by Martheus and Janet Wade, edited by me, this epic story of Jetta’s battle against her father’s army, the Knave, is due some acknowledgement, so PLEASE go vote today!

BEST ORIGINAL GRAPHIC NOVEL:
the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier (America's Best Comics)
Jetta, Tales of the Toshigawa: Revelations (MAW Productions)
Essex County vol.1: Tales from the Farm (Top Shelf)
the Professor's Daughter (First Second)
Awesome! the Indie Spinner Rack Anthology (Evil Twin)

Over the next two weeks anyone can vote for their choices in each category and we'll announce the winners in an upcoming episode. For the complete Best Of list, visit: http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/news.html
I hope no one is pointing the finger at me. :wink: Even though I'm from Toronto, I love the Memphis pics. And voted for Memphis.
YOU ROCK SO HARD, EH! :halo:

pinocchio

Reaction score
Surely I’m the last person in the world to buy my Kermit Replica….

I finally purchased mine a couple of weeks ago and he arrived yesterday. I can’t believe how fantastic he is in person.

I’m sure my friends will think I must have sneaked into some Muppet Museum Exhibition and stole him out of a display cabinet, that’s how perfect he is.

Bring on Fozzie !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Pinocchio! I agree. He's beautiful. I'm presently trying to find a very good banjo for my Kermit, maybe a kids' sized Trenchcoat...

Here's where you can see our pictures and the different poses you can put Kermit in:
http://muley.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=13

Also, anybody who has been supporting the Memphis Kermit pictures, please get your friends/family to vote as well. Somehow, everytime we get one vote, Cleveland gets 2 or 3 more suddenly and 2 or 3 more suspiciously overnight!

More support in their forums would be helpful, too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He was Kermit's host while in town...hmm.

Folks here have suggested he have a vote since it is kind of a third person identity in Memphis. But, he's not allowed on forums.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Kermit arrives!

I held out until the very end to start my MR collection. Kermit came by UPS at work here today and I can't believe how great he is. What an exciting way to start the weekend yayyyyyyyyyyy!

PS. He's number 1953 of 2500. Isn't 1953 right around the year that Henson started working in TV?