Your Thoughts On "Muppets Tonight!"

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hey ya'll.

What do ya'll think about Muppet Tonight? I have mixed feelings, its a really good show, the characters are colorful and wacky, I love Clifford, Rizzo, Johnny Fiamma, and Sal Manilla. Kermit isn't host, but I think he really does appear alot in the show so that makes up for it. Also, I love Pepe' and Seymour, it's a shame that they arent together much anymore, I also love love love Bobo, he's just hillarious, especially in the Cindy Crawford episode. My only complaints are the musical numbers, they are short, it seems they just cut off to the control room scenes, and it gets annoying. Also, they have so much guest star stuff. It was cool to have Muppet Flashback things with the guests at first, but having it in almost every episode is very annoying.

I really love the Muppets stepping out of the television studio, especially season 2, we should see more Muppet shows like that, because it breaks away from the variety format, into a sitcom type situation. But overall, its a great show, what are your thoughts/ feelings about this?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
While I don't think anything can measure up to the original Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight was pretty good. It had some very funny moments. I especially liked the Garth Brooks episode where he kept wanting to do anything but a country song.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I have NO thoughts on Muppets Tonight! actually. Unfortunately I had never even seen the show. Although I do like the characters that came from it like Clifford (although he's been around since the Jim Henson Hour right? Never saw that either), Johnny & Sal, Pepe, Dr. Phil Van Neuter (who I haven't seen since Muppets From Space), and especially Bobo!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I really enjoy Muppets Tonight!... in fact, I was planning on having a marathon today. Whoo-hoo!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
On Martin Luther King day, im planning to have a MT marathon so... there. (no seriously i am)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I feel that Muppets Tonight gets far more negative criticism than it really deserves. Too many people were judging it for not measuring up to the original Muppet Show instead of treating it as it properly should have been.
Not as a continuation of the Muppet Show (although it really was a follow on in some ways) but as a contemporary variation. Once people got used to the differences I believe that it could have become just as big a hit as its predecessor, but the television stations wouldn't give it a chance.:frown: They kept putting it on and taking it off so people never got so attatched to it in the end. That's what happened here in Australia and I've heard also overseas.:cry:

That said, I always knew it was a worthy show of Henson's memory. I loved all the new characters especially you-know-who. (for those who honestly don't know my username is based upon him).

Guest stars I would have liked to have seen are Madonna (the apple of my eye:flirt: ), Weird Al Yankovic and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson together in an X-Files tribute episode.

dawningoftime

Reaction score
I liked it and I think it had potential. Unfortunately one of the episodes was about there being a bomb in the theatre was suppose to air on the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing and I think that was a convenient excuse for the network to yoink it from the air.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I have to say that I liked Muppets Tonight. I mean, to me, THAT had much more "adult" appeal than The Muppet Show. I mean, TMS wasn't really "adult" as they all claim to be, because it was always just "sugar-coated" stuff. Okay, there was (cartoony) violence, sights of "eatings" etc. Plus, it's good that they moved on. A lot of you have wanted the new show to be set in the same theater. My question is: Why do it again? If they did it again, would it still be good? Every great TV show, cartoon, anything that progresses later on has to know how to evolve. But if there's a point where a new stage doesn't last too long, or just didnt work in the first place, then they move on. At least it's better than nothing at all, right? Take, Scooby-Doo for instance. Noticed how the characters have really evolved and "matured" over the years, and at least now they're not running after the "lame/fake" monsters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't post too much on here, because I only watched the show once, and it just didn't grab me. At first it was probably because the old characters weren't there, which isn't the best reason. But I might have gotten over that eventually. It just wasn't really adult humor, it was like teenagers trying to act adult. The Muppet Show was the more mature of the two shows. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it again, just to check it out.

But you know, carry on it you're a fan, we don't all have to like the same things! :smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I was just watching some Muppets Tonight!, and the scene when Dr. Van Neuter gets drunk at the Vet Christmas Party may be my favorite thing in the whole series.. it's just great :crazy: