Neca Labyrinth figures

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'll definitely have to pick up that Jareth figure! Since he's only part of the Cult Classics line the completist in me doesn't have to worry about getting ALL the Labyrinth figures!

I still wish NECA would do some more Gremlins though [/wishful thinking]

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail a few days ago and it's a great figure.

But of course it's from Neca, so that's what it so be.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Finally got my Jareth!

The good:
Great detailing, VERY detailed costume, almost 100% accurate.
Likeness is quite good, especially if you consider the small size.
Beautifull packaging!
Great price!

The not so good:
His head is too small.
Overall the proportions seem a bit off.
The hands... they included 1 open hand and 2 fists! Fists? Does Bowie fight in the movie?
I have problems moving the arms in the right position.
The hair is a bit too thick, but I guess that's a technical problem.
Many body parts are made in this very soft vinyl/plastic which should be hard plastic. Why?
His medaillon/emblem is glued separate to the chest. Why?

CrystalBat

Reaction score
yeah, it is pretty tricky getting the arms into the right position. I think for the two fists if you want his hands by his hips, you really have to push his arms back as far as they can go. All in all, I am just happy to have a Jareth action figure!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Sure it's great to have a Jareth figure ... I just wish he wasn't that small.
Oh well, it's an action figure after all.
So who's doing a 12 inch statue next?

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I like the Jareth figure, but I'm not overly impressed. Especially since I ended up spending $22.00 for it.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
I guess I'm having a nack for resurrecting old topics, but I just purchased this figure for 14 bucks brand new at my local comic shop. I would agree with Laszlo with all the pros/cons. I am at least happy the guy could stand up properly, unlike the other Jareth/Hoggle combination which are darn near impossible to get balanced while standing, especially Hoggle, he's the worst.

All in all, I'm growing more fond of the NECA line. So, I recently purchased this figure, the Jareth/Hoggle one, and now Gears of War and Predator lines, which are incredibly detailed and actually STAND! Anyhoot, these are a great line, that aren't too expensive and still collectible, I'm finding them to fit nicely in my movie room.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm having a nack for resurrecting old topics, but I just purchased this figure for 14 bucks brand new at my local comic shop. I would agree with Laszlo with all the pros/cons. I am at least happy the guy could stand up properly, unlike the other Jareth/Hoggle combination which are darn near impossible to get balanced while standing, especially Hoggle, he's the worst.

All in all, I'm growing more fond of the NECA line. So, I recently purchased this figure, the Jareth/Hoggle one, and now Gears of War and Predator lines, which are incredibly detailed and actually STAND! Anyhoot, these are a great line, that aren't too expensive and still collectible, I'm finding them to fit nicely in my movie room.
Neca really is the best there is in the action figure arena these days. Not every sculpt is a winner, but they usually come closer to the mark than anyone else.

One little trick I've learned from my time with action figures is that many of them don't stand very well on their own. And those are usually the ones that come without bases! The solution: apply a tiny amount of KNEADED ERASER to the feet. You know the stuff. It's that eraser that's almost like modeling clay, but it's rubber and non-oily. Just ball it up and rip off a piece. It tacks well enough so the figure doesn't always have to be leaning or posed like an mental patient. :crazy: It's not a perfect fix, but more often then not you can get it to work.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
clever! I will use the eraser trick. Hoggle definitely needs it. But the majority of the others are standing up fairly well. I also just ordered another Neca figure, from the movie Aliens. That should look great next to Jareth.

There's a movie idea. . . lol.