Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's the latest from TVShowsonDVD...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7948

First of all, I LOVE the cover art! I like the fact that their using old-school Hooper's in the background this volume, as aposed to using modern-day 123 in the background on Volume 1.

And I take it this "very first episode ever made, never been broadcasted" is the first of those five test shows they produced that barely had any Muppets except for Ernie and Bert, who weren't allowed to interact with the human cast?

And an actual animation cel from Pinball Number Count? WOW! That would be awesome!

Sadly though, when they say "street date is November 6th", for me, anyway, that means the set won't hit any store in my town until, like, maybe, June of 2008.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The is a Muppet News Flash...

From The Muppet Newsflash: Click here for information and cover art!

The Muppet Newsflash said:
As announced earlier, another DVD set of classic Sesame is coming out this fall. Sesame Workshop plans to release "Sesame Street: Old School - Volume 2" on November 6, 2007. The three-disc DVD box set is full of classic Sesame Street, focusing exclusively on the second five years set of show (1975-1979).

The DVD set will include five complete hour-long episodes from the series (the five season premieres) plus a collection of more than 57 additional clips from each season. There are featured appearances by Judy Collins, Henry Winkler, Paul Simon, Lily Tomlin, plus the first episode featuring Roscoe Orman as Gordon, "Telephone Rock!" "What's the Name of That Song?" "Pinball Number Count", Guy Smiley, Harvey Kneeslapper, Biff and Sully, Chris and the Alphabeats, and much more! Additional bonus features on the set include the first Sesame Street episode created (one of the many unaired pilots), a 12-page booklet full of behind-the-scenes information and phots, plus a collectible "Pinball Number Count" animation cel in every box!
The total running time for the three-disc set is over 8-hours in total (484 minutes to be exact).

The DVD is being distributed by Genius Products and is already up for pre-ordering on many sites (such as Amazon.com) for just under $30. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything else about this collection or any future Old School sets.
Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-old-school-information.html

zns

Reaction score
Fantastic. I'll probably buy the set for myself and ask for the Fraggle Rock: Season 3 set for Christmas. Anyway, can't wait for November. Hurray for Old School. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Awesome, sounds like there's more of the clips we were wishing for in the last volume. :smile:

I'm going to wait until Christmas for SS Old School (and Muppet Show Season 2), and watch Fraggle Season 3 when it comes out. :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
I'm betting the Sesame Street News Flash with Jack and Jill is going to be on this set; since it was probably the first one to feature the standard version of the News Flash logo and Kermit wearing his gray hat (instead of the brown one), from 1974 (Season 6). But I DO know the Humpty Dumpty one is definitely going to be on the DVD set, since it was part of the Season 7 premiere.

Erine81981

Reaction score
And we'll get to see the original version of the song "Rubber Duckie." I can't wait!

anytimepally

Reaction score
First of all, I LOVE the cover art! I like the fact that their using old-school Hooper's in the background this volume, as aposed to using modern-day 123 in the background on Volume 1
I don't like the cover art.. no Big Bird, Oscar, or Count? I know they can't put everyone there, but they did fit seven characters comfortably on Volume 1

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
And we'll get to see the original version of the song "Rubber Duckie." I can't wait!
Wait a second, I thought the original Rubber Duckie was on Vol. 1? What do you mean?

Can't wait for this DVD now. Between this and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection 5, this is going to be one expensive fall.:eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The cover's OK, but the annoyed Bert right in the center sort of brings it down, lol. The other guys look great. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.