Truth commercial: Muppets & smoking

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That was pretty sweet. I love old cartoons
I do too. And in one, Mickey is jailed & in another, Mickey wants to elope with Minnie & Minnie wants to have Goofy--then known as Dippy Dawg--literally lose his head (as part of a medievil play the cast is putting on)! Oh, and this one is sure to be controversial nowadays with Mickey in Arabia! But the point is people are missing the point why they blame fictional characters for the problems of real life people in society!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
:attitude: Back the Truth ads. I used to find some of the performance art amusing, but these days the commercials contain witless, half-baked vitriolic shouting that does little more than ad a reference to the participants' resumes. :wink:
Now that's the truth, heh! But what are they saying, they they can convince people not to smoke by acting like jerks and getting on peoples nerves and driving them crazy? Because the get more jerk-ish and are mo so than they've eve been.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The fact that in The Great Mouse Detective, pretty much all of the characters smoke, and the fact that someone stated that The Muppet Movie isn't the only supposedly "kids" movie to have smoking in it.
That's was me that stated that, just wanted to stated that, :wink: .

:smile: Hey I remember Ted DiBiase, he was cool

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that's the truth, heh! But what are they saying, they they can convince people not to smoke by acting like jerks and getting on peoples nerves and driving them crazy? Because the get more jerk-ish and are mo so than they've eve been.:stick_out_tongue:
I have a theory. people just love to be disturbed and bothered. be it by something god awful, or just akward.

If you think about it, these Truth commercials are the same as any one of the ultra-desturbing advertisements on Television as of late. That guy that keeps calling that girl he just met with various akward messages, the Burger King commercial where some guy slams his car (Vehicular Homicide not mean anything to you?) into another car at a drive through, stuff like that.

It's pretty creepy the stuff out there right now. I have to say, The "Fair Enough" comedy commercials were done well, and pretty fun to watch (for PSA's)... but anything that's overly "look! I'm an Artist!" and burying it's message under noise pretty much sets themselves up to ridicule and hurting the cause.

Remember what Kermit said in MTM... why not make a commercial that says what the product does? The old commercials using various smokers that lost their health was more effective than crap like this. They were human. These people made huge mistakes in their lives. They are more credible than making up assumptions like this.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I disagree. I am a smoker and those commercials scare me.
Right! There just trying to put fear into people just like the 11 o'clock news...:stick_out_tongue:

Oh yeah! Now, these people are street preformers, right. And this is just a gig for me. So didn't anyboby see the pictures or footage of some of these people after doing one of their anti drug PSA's where on break or after they were packing up after the shoot. These people who were forcing down other peoples thought not to smoke were on a smoke break, lol!:batty:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's pretty creepy the stuff out there right now. I have to say, The "Fair Enough" comedy commercials were done well, and pretty fun to watch (for PSA's)... but anything that's overly "look! I'm an Artist!" and burying it's message under noise pretty much sets themselves up to ridicule and hurting the cause.
Seriously, it seems some of these people have their heads moreso than the classic Irving-written Hessian from Tarry Town, New York.

unclematt

Reaction score
Yeah but I am a smoker but I would do a comercial telling people not to smoke. I dont like that I smoke but quitting is not that easy.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The truth is that people smoke and though it a good idea to inform people of the dangers of smoking, it's not always a good idea to restrict people's choices.

unclematt

Reaction score
I kind of wish they would make it illegal cause then I would quit