Truth commercial: Muppets & smoking

Vic Romano

Reaction score
But then others would find illegal ways to get it; just like drugs.
I believe that marijuana will be legalized in the next ten years, so I personally wouldn't hold your breath on the il-legalization of tobacco.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't want to infringe on people's rights, but something has to be done. I am sick of walking down the street and having smoke blown in my face, and then seeing so many people casually throw a cigarette on the ground. I'm also sick of losing relatives because of years of smoking. I'm also sick of seeing people smoke around their own kids and pets. Whether you believe second hand smoke is bad or not (and it is), being near cigarette smoke is never fun for the people and animals around you. I've seen dogs freak out just by being near cigarette smoke (animals can often tell when things are clearly bad for them, unlike people, hehe). Do you really want a chance just for momentary pleasure? These addictions don't just affect one person, they affect everyone.

Plus the idea of people's rights and the concept of addiction don't really go together. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I had a friend who was a considerate smoker. She'd blow her smoke into the air and away from people, and hold her cig's higher up so the smoke wouldn't go in people's faces, and while she would put the cigarette out on the ground, she'd throw the butts into the trash.

Still, you know what she does today?
Nothing, she's dead.
Okay, so the last two lines aren't true and I totally stole them from Jim Flaherty from "Freaks and Geeks."

But, the first part is basically how I wish all smokers were. More considerate of those of us who prefer to be natural and not smoke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well that is good, Fozzie Bear. :smile: Though the problem with smoke is even if you try to avoid people, it can reach them anyway. Plus blowing smoke into the air isn't good for the planet. Plus I don't like watching anyone hurt themselves, even if it's their own choice (though hopefully no one likes to see that :wink: ). I don't mean to pick on smokers. It's just all very frustrating.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well that is good, Fozzie Bear. :smile: Though the problem with smoke is even if you try to avoid people, it can reach them anyway. Plus blowing smoke into the air isn't good for the planet. Plus I don't like watching anyone hurt themselves, even if it's their own choice (though hopefully no one likes to see that :wink: ). I don't mean to pick on smokers. It's just all very frustrating.
I've said it before, I could care less if people hurt themselves if it's their choice. What bugs me is when people hurt themselves and others in the process. It's beyond selfish.

I hate how smoke smells, I hate how it makes me nauseous when I'm waiting for the bus. And I just don't understand the appeal. Over eating I can see. Over consumption of alchohol I can see. Smoking? No. It's expensive, filthy, smelly, and the most impossible habit to break.

The best way to quit is not to start at all. But no matter how many times you tell people that, how many of them will listen? And pulling crap like this, linking it to Jim Henson, who'd have been appalled to even think of any of this is just irresponsible.

You can't just make up facts and preach against them.

We've had better people tell the evils of smoking,

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I have been working at Wal- Mart know for about four weeks, and I have been selling cigerets to people a few time in the four weeks I have been there. I don't smoke or drink (Beer ECT) I made a promase to God when i was young never to do so. So when they asked me if I was confetable selling Cigerets I had to really do some soul searching. I think that becuase I personaly belive that Cigerets and beer are bad it makes me a better sales person. Because I am always asking everyone no matter what there age is for some form of ID. This proves to Wal-Mart and there customers that I'm not going to let anyone get by me. I just thought I would share that. I personaly blame the people who sell the cigertes to these young kids. I know there are some out there, and I also know that there are people out there buying kids cigerates. That I can't sometimes contorl because I don't know where the customers go when they leave my store.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But no matter how many times you tell people that, how many of them will listen?
Well as a matter of fact, many people have managed to quit or not start at all over the years. So it's not completely hopeless. :smile:

Idk, I'm not saying they were right about the Muppet Movie reference, it was uninformed. But I don't think it's a big deal either. No one remembers these things.