Decide my future! Take the "hooky" poll NOW!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I miss Get Smart on Nick-At-Nite. But there supposed to be getting Home Improvement sometime very soon, though.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Get Smart is gonna be a movie coming out soon with Steve Carrell. From what I hear anyways.

Daniel

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Am I the only one who misses Patty Duke, Car 54, Where are You? and Donna Reed?

Daniel
Nope. I loved Nick at Nite's classic line-up (along with the aforementioned Mr. Ed).

And I probably saw every live-action episode of Dennis the Menace more than once, 'cause I used to watch it before I went to school, and then it was on again when I came home.

The Monkees were part of Nick at Nite's line-up, too in the early days, as were the 30-minute Best of Saturday Night Live 1975-1980 shows.

Enough with the 80s sitcoms (and now, apparently 90s, with Home Improvement). I'd love to see the Adam West Batman, but I'm sure that ain't likely to happen.

The last time I saw the Batman series on TV was in the summer of 1994, when the FX Channel was launched. They didn't have too much programming back then, so Batman was pretty much a cornerstone of their schedule.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Get Smart is gonna be a movie coming out soon with Steve Carrell. From what I hear anyways.

Daniel
Yeah, I heard about that, too! Awesome casting!:smile:

Yeah, I remember when Batman use to come on the used to come on the Family channel! I used to watch that Evey day! But I remember when it was on FX, too, back when that channel was fairly new!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Man, the old Adam West ones? THOSE were the best ones. How come the old shows that looked like they were made on a budget of $2 and a bag of Twizzlers were the BEST ones ever?

Daniel

anytimepally

Reaction score
Man, the old Adam West ones? THOSE were the best ones. How come the old shows that looked like they were made on a budget of $2 and a bag of Twizzlers were the BEST ones ever?

Daniel
one of life's unanswerable questions...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score

Daniel
Yep. FX used to show them every day. I remember they even had an all-day 4th of July marathon.

What's keeping the series off DVD apparently are legal issues between Warner Bros. (which owns the character in print and on film) and 20th Century Fox (which produced the series). The two parties haven't come to an agreement yet about distributing the series, as far as I know.

But I said it before, and I'll say it again:

Adam West. The One. The Only. Batman!

Or, as West put it on The Simpsons, "pure West."

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! The 400th episode of the Simpsons came on last night. I missed it though.:smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow! The 400th episode of the Simpsons came on last night. I missed it though.:smirk:
You did? It was pretty good. Actually, I think the spoof they did of 24 before that was a little better, but the fact that Ned Flanders is one of these people that watches TV just to see what bad things he can find was genius. Just my opinion.

Daniel