Muppet Babies comic books

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I remember the MB comic books, in all honesty. I remember when Harvey Comics had the rights to MB comics. Ahh, those were the days.

BJ

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Harvey Comics published the Muppet Babies comics for 5 issues and a Muppet Babies Big Book in 1992. And of course, Marvel had the first run back in 1985-1986 under its Star imprint. You can buy most of the back issues from milehighcomics.com
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=55517138896&snumber=1

And don't forget the Fraggle Rock comics (from Marvel's Star imprint) and comic book versions of The Dark Crystal movie and Labyrinth movie! And there's even a comic book version of The Muppets Take Manhattan! (Both a 3 issue miniseries and a one-shot graphic novel!):smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I loved the muppet babies comices when my dad took me to the local comic book store to try and get a issue when they came out and when we got there they sold out that morning .

i have found some on E-bey thank goodness they are a lot of fun ! love them and when i read them i am careful with them and also when i read them i can hear the voices of the muppet babies in the show as i read the stories so great does anyone agree with me ?:smile: :wink:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I had a subscription to the Star line of Muppet Babies comics, I collected Fraggle Rock comics, and I owned both The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth Marvel Super Specials, which were magazine size and quality comic book adaptations of the films. Both a Muppet and comic book nerd for life!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I had a subscription to the Star line of Muppet Babies comics, I collected Fraggle Rock comics, and I owned both The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth Marvel Super Specials, which were magazine size and quality comic book adaptations of the films. Both a Muppet and comic book nerd for life!
Cool that is so great i wish that i had all of those but thank God for E-bey :smile:

Flavio

Reaction score
I loved them too. I've always been a comic book junkie...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Harvey comics is a joke. Half the comics they made were reprints. The only series that weren't include Beetlejuice and Back to the Future.

Anyway, I have some of them around, actually. I bought several of them years ago. When I was in college, there was this comic store that had lots of old comics like that. I mainly bought heathcliff, cuz I was on a heathcliff Jag at the moment. I got several Muppet babies ones and the Fraggle Rock comic version of the Mean Genie.

If I can recall, I got some Spy parody issue, some issue in which they compete to see who can make the best mess, and some Robin Hood Kermit thing, I can't remember. I haven't read them for a while.

If anyone wants one, too bad. I'm keeping mine :crazy: Just kidding. I still am, though.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
In the 50's, when Harvey first started publishing, they were possibly the best game in town as far as publishers went. After the comics code authority swooped in and squashed EC Comics and effectively castrated the industry, a lot of the biggest and best talent comics had to offer made their way to Harvey. Granted, it was a short lived success, but I only bring it up to show that they weren't always known for crappy reprints. Their characters Richie Rich, Casper, Wendy the Witch, Little Dot, Baby Huey, Little Lotta, Hot Stuff and a few others lasted for about forty years before they fell out of the public eye, and they were all original creations for the company, not reprints or licensed characters. I still have all my old Harvey's. Just don't have the heart to pitch 'em...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I meant in that era....

When Harvey did Hanna Barbera comics, they were reprints of some company I forget the name of at the moment (which were terribly written by the way), but when Archie aquired the license, they made brand new comics.