New Muppet comic Strip

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm just going to sit by this basket of muffins over here and smash my head in it a few times until this whole thing is sorted and we decide as a whole that Disney is doing the best it can, as a business, for the Muppets...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm just going to sit by this basket of muffins over here and smash my head in it a few times until this whole thing is sorted and we decide as a whole that Disney is doing the best it can, as a business, for the Muppets...
Good. Me and Ryan will join you Beau. *sits right down with Beau and eats a couple of muffins* These are gooood. Who made them?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can we also agree that it's pretty depressing that Diz has decided to stop publishing this magazine without real reason as to why? Not just as a Muppet fan, but as someone who loved their magazine as a child. Granted... I stoped buying it when they stopped publishing Darkwing Duck comics. But this was a high quality product. It wasn't just an ad for the company, it never was. they gave equal promotion to all companies. I still have the issue where they interview the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles somewhere.

And the comics were great too. While Darkwing didn't have too much success as a comic book, his comics published in the magazine were very popular. The Ducktales ones were no Carl Barks or Don Rosa, but they were a great read that had the spirit of the cartoon. heck... they even published bits of Jeff Smith's Bone comics.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh boy.... well, i guess we at least have one published. Why they couldn't get the other 2 is beyond me.

Well, anything to cut costs by destroying something that was profitable.

Marky

Reaction score
Yeah! What better way to celebrate the legendary magical puppeteering and voice skills than with... inked drawings!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wish the At the Dance one would have been published. It would have been interesting to see what characters were included. I wonder if George and Mildred would have been in it.

It would be great if the writer of those comic strips would be hired to make a series of Muppet comic books. I don't know how likely it would be for Mupet comic books to be produced, but we can dream.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish the At the Dance one would have been published. It would have been interesting to see what characters were included. I wonder if George and Mildred would have been in it.
I'd love to see how an At the Dance comic would work. I saw one from the Muppet Show Diary on wiki, and I tried my hand at drawing one, which was mixed. So it would be pretty weird to see that go down.

I wish they could at leat continue DA as a Comics Zone publication. But seriously, when people are buying your producst consistantly, you have the highest rated networks, and half the movies you made this year were consistantly the #1 if not the top 10 in box office that weekend, how the heck do you lose that much money to have to get rid of a high selling magazine?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But seriously, when people are buying your producst consistantly, you have the highest rated networks, and half the movies you made this year were consistantly the #1 if not the top 10 in box office that weekend, how the heck do you lose that much money to have to get rid of a high selling magazine?
Actually I'm not that surprised, a lot of people are saying magazines are on their way out. People just don't buy them as much, they go on the Internet. What they should have done is put the comics (and anything else they wanted from the mag) on the web. Well, maybe they will find another outlet for them at some point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A couple pages back, I think it was established it did as well as any mainstream comic book. I think it was even outselling Nickelodeon. And by splashing HSM allover the place, you'd think it would be guarenteed another year at least.

But hey, 90% ads and a 5 dollar price tag isn't easily digestible in this uneven economy.

But hey, it's all about getting the most profit with the least ammount of effort, am I right?