Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MWoO

Reaction score
Based on my observations of the Comic-Con sample, I think his hair... er, feathers... er, whatever, will lay down without being cut. If you notice, his eyebrows are messed up on that one, too. They need to be fussed with. Those figures at Comic-Con get manhandled by the public. By the end of the weekend, the Kermit they had there was looking pretty thrashed.

But even the real Muppets need grooming. When I worked on the Muppet Movie, I had to fix up Ernie's hair because it was matted down from being in a shipping box.

:stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, cutting may not be needed for Animal, maybe just some fluffing and combing. Though I think Jamie would probably be good at trimming Animals hair. He's a genius.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am not sure from the way it looks, Animals hair/feathers are either too long or there is too many for his head.

chequepoint

Reaction score
I'd imagine it was spec'd out with the feathers sewn in a little thicker than you see on the real poser. If you've ever worked with a puppet that has a lot of ostrich feather accents, you will lose a few feathers. Some may even break, etc. Terry working on the fraggle set probably knew this and planned for it. Thankfully nobody has mentioned this possibility before the puppets were done, or MR would be making animal out of yarn to appease people scared that their $400 collectible would only last two years.

I also think due to the "natural" nature of feathers, we're going to see a LOT of variation amongst these posers.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Based on my observations of the Comic-Con sample, I think his hair... er, feathers... er, whatever, will lay down without being cut. If you notice, his eyebrows are messed up on that one, too. They need to be fussed with. Those figures at Comic-Con get manhandled by the public. By the end of the weekend, the Kermit they had there was looking pretty thrashed.

But even the real Muppets need grooming. When I worked on the Muppet Movie, I had to fix up Ernie's hair because it was matted down from being in a shipping box.

:stick_out_tongue:
:halo: Good point. I'll definitely wait on trimming as a last resort. I hope he won't even need that. I just keep thinking (for some reason) Animal's hair is going to be all shaggy like it looked on the actual puppet when he was a guest judge on that NBC talent show this summer. Now that needed to be trimmed. :eek:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Amy just announced at MR that the Animal shipment just arrived and that he will be sent out to people early tomorrow.
Dude, this is what I've been waiting to hear for a loooong time. I can't remember - if we ordered it directly from MR, will we get an email letting us know that it was shipped? I thought they did that for Kermit but my memory's shot.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Good news guys, I did not get a tracking number by email, but there is a way to track it if you ordered it from MR site. Go to Fedex and at the top of the page it will say tracking...scroll down till you find "track by referance". Then under the referance box type in the "fullfillment ID" number that MR gave you in your account order information. then fill out the rest of the information at the bottom. Mine says that it will be at my house on Friday! I am so excited!

Garland

Reaction score
Whoo Hoooo! This is actually sooner than I expected! Animal will soon be in the House!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
They are processing my order. :halo: I should receive my Animal by next week. Yay!
I hope to see everyone's photos over the next few weeks!